Complaint Review: Charlie Porter Quarter Horses

• Updated: Mon, June 09, 2014

• Reported By: Kansas Buyer — Kincaid Kansas
Charlie Porter Quarter Horses
King City, Missouri USA

Charlie Porter Quarter Horses Buyer Beware - Typical Horse Trader King City Missouri

Charlie Porter is your typical horse trader.  When you first contact him he's all about the quality of the animals he has to sell.  He'll tell you they're all available.  When you start to ask more pointed questions that's when he admits... "Well, it's not actually my horse.  It's so and so'."  Then when you ask if it's still for sale, of course it is.  When you ask if anyone else is actively looking.... "Nope."

He acts like he's the busiest guy in the world and your schedule means nothing.  Long story short... callled the guy on a Friday night about a specific horse.  Of course it was for sale.  It was the best thing since sliced bread.  Asked if I could come on Saturday to see the animal.  He admits it's actually not his animal and that he would have to check with the owner.  During the same conversation said he wasn't available on Saturday because the owner would be at a ranch rodeo, but Charlie would call back on Saturday after speaking with the owner to confirm a time on Sunday.  Waited all day Saturday and finally called him back Saturday evening since I was trying to make arrangements for the next day since it was about a 175 mile trip.  When I called him he didn't even act like he knew who I was, what I was talking about, and I had just talked to them man less than 24 hours ago.  When I explained what animal it was and that I was actively waiting on a call from him his response was, "Oh, that horse sold this morning.  A guy from Montanna came with cash" and then tried to sell me something else.

Well, I'm sorry but common curtousy to the customer must never enter this mans mind because all he needed to say the night before when "nobody was available to show this animal" was that someone was coming Saturday morning to look at her.  Because I may be slow to horse traders antics, but you don't just drive in from Montanna in a few hours.  He had to have known Friday night these people were coming (or at least should of if you were selling the animal.)  He is unprofessional, treats prospective clients like idiots, and has the common curtousey of a five year-old.  After this display I wouldn't trust anything this man has to tell me about an animal.

In the long run he probably did me a favor acting like this because that Sunday I went and bought two young rope broke horses that were quality animals, everything the breeder told me they would be, and just a little bit more.  God knows what we would have ended up with from this guy.  If you do any business dealings with him I would be VERY cautious.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2014 05:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Charlie-Porter-Quarter-Horses/King-City-Missouri/Charlie-Porter-Quarter-Horses-Buyer-Beware-Typical-Horse-Trader-King-City-Missouri-1153188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Charlie Porter Quarter Horses