Complaint Review: CheapCaribbean.com, Inc

• Updated: Mon, March 21, 2011

• Reported By: angry_joe — Brooklyn New York United States of America
CheapCaribbean.com, Inc
2003 S. Easton Road Suite 100 Doylestown, Pennsylvania United States of America

CheapCaribbean.com, Inc CheapCaribbean.com The most awful refund policy in the world Doylestown, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Airfare

I've purchased a nice all-inclusive trip for me and my girlfriend to Bahamas Island. A few before the trip I realized that based on Bahamas government policy travelling person should have his(her) passport expiration date in no less than 6 months after the trip. As mine was to expire in about 3 months, I understood that it will be impossible for me to make it and I called CheapCarribean.com customer service in order to cancel my reservation. It was more than 1 week in advance prior to my trip date and this offer was still on their website - for the same date, same place and same money! So basically these people were still selling this deal as I bought it several weeks before. Logically they were not losing any money because airline tickets were still available, hotel rooms were still available. However what these people offered to me was a complete RIP-OFF! Now I got a credit for my future purchases with their company in amount less than 60% of what I  paid for my trip.
I don't want to deal with these people anymore, but now I'm forced to buy another vacation trip from them or I will lose even those leftovers.
I would highly recommend everybody to stay away from CheapCarribean.Com! They're bunch of cons and if (God forbid) something will happen with you or your fellow before the trip you will not get any refund from them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2011 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CheapCaribbeancom-Inc/Doylestown-Pennsylvania-18901/CheapCaribbeancom-Inc-CheapCaribbeancom-The-most-awful-refund-policy-in-the-world-Doyle-695549. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CheapCaribbean.com, Inc

Airfare

AUTHOR: Tom - (United States of America)

I can't speak about the rest of the costs of your trip but what I do know is airfare is not refundable more than 24 hours after booking it.  This is the policy of most airlines.  Those who do not subscribe to this don't offer any refund.  Airfare is pretty strict from what I understand.