Complaint Review: CheapOair.com

• Submitted: Sat, February 20, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, February 27, 2010

• Reported By: AdrianW — Tel Aviv Internet Israel
CheapOair.com

CheapOair.com $1000 agreed refund money stolen after canceling & re-purchasing as instructed, Internet

*Consumer Comment: CHEAP o AIR..

I ordered flights from Seattle, Wa. USA via Philadelphia to Paris De Gaulle, France. I paid on credit card. Later i made a change of the return journey from Paris de Gaulle to Hong Kong. I was told i could only do this by purchasing a completely new ticket, canceling the original for $1300 and repurchasing at $1200 less a service charge of upto $100.

I spent over 4 hours of waiting for 9 separate calls to a service center in India with different contacts in order to follow this process. The refund for over $1000 was never given to me - i was told to apply to US-Air directly who referred me back to CheapOair.com. After chasing my refund every couple of months for 2 years and never getting it - through calls and emails from different people I was informed that a time limitation now applied and the money was lost. This is a rip-off and internet-theft.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2010 03:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CheapOaircom/internet/CheapOaircom-1000-agreed-refund-money-stolen-after-canceling-re-purchasing-as-instruc-572432. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CheapOair.com

CHEAP o AIR..

AUTHOR: danielle - (United States of America)

I really wish I would have done more research before booking a flight through Cheapoair.com

I booked a flight for July 2010 from Seattle to Paris, then returning from London to Seattle. I paid over $1300.00 and received my "confirmation", but there was no ticket number. Everytime I've booked a flight I've received a ticket number. So I called Cheapoair, first time I was told it takes a few hours after the payment is received (which already went through my account), so I waited. 7 hours later.. nothing. I've called back multiple times with people making up bogus reason as to why I dont have a ticket number, "its the weekend it takes longer" blablabla. Im sure people book flights on the weekends all the time and can get a ticket number. Im very scared that I'm going to lose this money,  I have four months of being paranoid ahead of me. I've read horrible reviews about flights being changed without their knowledge and cheapoair does nothing to help, they just charge more money, which I do not have, im a college student and stupidly just spent the majority of my money on this ticket!

I guess, what I'm getting at, is did you have a succesful experience until you tried to change flights, could I get more details as to how things got messed up for you?

BTW, how the hell is this site still running after reading reviews dating back to 2007?? What is going on!