Complaint Review: Chem Dry Carpet

• Reported By: Jeff S — Salt Lake City Utah United States of America
Chem Dry Carpet
1164 W. 850 North Centerville, Utah United States of America

Chem Dry Carpet Chem Dry Deceptive Pricing Centerville, Utah

I live in San Diego and Arizona and have a vacation rental home in Salt Lake City Utah. I had some maint issues required on my Utah home and wanted to get them scheduled in advance so I could book my flight and get everything done during my short stay.

I was very specific with the Chem Dry staff and asked for pricing. I told her the house was 1800 square feet two story and all carpet except two bathrooms and two kitchens.  She said they have two packages $149 for 700 square feet of carpet and $199 for 1000 square feet of carpet. I agreed to the pricing and scheduled cleaning for today November 13th, 2012. I figured at worse it would be 1000 square feet of carpet at $199. The Chem Dry person who came said there was the stairs fee the Pre-Soak Fee and all the extra fees added up to $429. He said these are standard fees. I keep my house very clean and the carpet is dark brown with no stains.

The scam here is they tell you one price and then tell you another price when they arrive. So don't plan on getting it  done for $149 or $199 because that does not exist. They wasted my time and it's now my mission to expose. My feeling is if she would have said it's going to be $350 to $450 I would have said OK and booked and did business with them but when the price really ends up being double the quote then that is over board.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2012 03:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Chem-Dry-Carpet/Centerville-Utah-84014/Chem-Dry-Carpet-Chem-Dry-Deceptive-Pricing-Centerville-Utah-968694. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Chem Dry Carpet