Complaint Review: Ciba Vision

• Phone: 770) 476-3937
  • Web:
  • Category: Eye Care

Ciba Vision Rebate Offer Scam Atlanta, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Call them back fast!!!

*Consumer Comment: Also file a complaint with the FTC

Ciba Vision has offered many rebates if you purchase.  They do make a good product, but don't be duped into thinking that you will automatically receive the rebate.  I have been fighting for five months to get only $100.00.  I followed every direction given to me by the rebate form and my eye doctor. I made copies of everything (good thing I did) and mailed it in as directed.  They sent a nice email confirming they received by paperwork and I would have my money in four weeks.  Four weeks later I called and was told that they were short handed and it was still on "someones" desk.

They were sorry and I would have it in two weeks.  Two weeks later I called and was told that it was sent, look in the mail.  Later that day I received an email saying I had bought the wrong type of contacts and didn't qualify. I called and then sent copies of the rebate form listing the item and showning the picture of the box I had the contacts in, which matched exactly!  I would receive my money within one week.  One week later I called and they told me that my doctor had filled out the paperwork incorrectly and they needed to research it.  I sent them a copy, which was the original showing exactly the contacts covered in the rebate offer.  I filed a complaint with BBB and received a call at work asking that I remove my complaint in exchange for them sending me a check in one to two weeks. It has been one week and today I received an email saying that they are reviewing my rebate and I should expect my money in 4 weeks.  When I called they hung up on me twice, and one young man said that he didn't need to deal with me at all. Don't get duped, and don't give up!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2011 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ciba-Vision/Atlanta-Georgia-30360/Ciba-Vision-Rebate-Offer-Scam-Atlanta-Georgia-786076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ciba Vision

Call them back fast!!!

AUTHOR: Ciba Rep - (United States of America)

You have up to 1 full year to have your denied rebate re-submitted, do this ASAP!!! I bet a guy there named Terrell could help you!!!

Also file a complaint with the FTC

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

You can easily do it online.

Rebates need to be processed and the rebate sent within the timeframe shown on your paperwork.

Sounds like they keep finding "little problems" to either delay your rebate or run out the clock on the offer.

File the FTC comlaint as soon as you can.   Good luck.