Complaint Review: Cincinnati Bell Wireless

*UPDATE Employee: RE: Customer No-Service

*Author of original report: Customer No-Service

*UPDATE Employee: RE: Email sent to Katie 4/11/2012 12:00 pm

*Author of original report: Email sent to Katie 4/11/2012 12:00 pm

*UPDATE Employee: RE: Cincinnati Bell Wireless Cincy Bell, CBW Announced a $1 increase in monthly rates then raised my rates by $53 per month Cincinnati , Ohio

I have been a Cincinnati Bell subscriber for 7 years.  The service has generally been so-so (lots of dropped calls and the like), but I have been on an extremely advantageous rate plan which under their terms of service states "Your monthly rate cannot be increased if your bill is paid on time".   A month ago, they sent us a letter announcing that they were raising the rates for all Cincinnati Bell Wireless accounts by $1 per month.  We pretty much ignored the letter since a $1 increase is fair after 7 years of service.  When we received the bill, the monthly service charge hand jumped by over $50 from $23 to $77!
We immediately called customer service and were told that a representative would call back within 24 hours.  8 days later, they called back and told us that that was our new rate, our old rate had been in error and they would offer us a $10 rollback if I agreed to a 2 year contract.
I asked to speak to a supervisor and was not allowed.  I told them that I would begin searching for a new cell phone carrier immediately and they told me that not agreeing to the contract could cause my rates to go up further.  They would not let me end the conversation politely unless I agreed to a 2 year contract, so I hung up
I have had good luck fighting AT&T using the PUCO (the Public Utilities Commission Of Ohio).   I am not sure if I will have any luck with a wireless carrier in the same fight.
I am now shopping for another cell phone company and wish to persuade anyone looking for a cell phone carrier to look elsewhere!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2012 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cincinnati-Bell-Wireless/Cincinnati-Ohio-/Cincinnati-Bell-Wireless-Cincy-Bell-CBW-Announced-a-1-increase-in-monthly-rates-then-rai-866349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cincinnati Bell Wireless

RE: Customer No-Service

AUTHOR: CincyBell - (USA)

Hi millardiii,

We do value you as a customer.  We did reach out to you directly on Wednesday and spoke with you over the phone. We explained that you were receiving a promotional offer that was only charging you $23 a month for two users. Our customer solutions team offered you sale or contract pricing on a new handset along with a highly competitive rate plan.

If you would like for us to contact you to answer any questions let me know and we'll call you directly.

Thanks,

Katie
Cincinnati Bell
Social Media Team

Customer No-Service

AUTHOR: millardiii - (United States of America)

As predicted, the post from Katie was a generic one.  No direct contact, just the standard support number.  Do not be fooled into believing that she was offering customer service.

Cincinnati Bell has offered to reduce my rates by $10 and to allow me to purchase new phones at the subsidized prices without signing a new contract.  Not much of an offer really.  They didn't even offer to roll back the price for the disputed first month.  This means that it pretty much played out as "Surprise!!!!  your rates are now a whole lot higher and we couldn't be bothered to tell you about the increase, Now pay up!"

I have ordered new phones from a new carrier over the internet and should be switching later today.

Congratulations Cincinnati Bell, you confirmed that I am no value to you as a customer and asked me to leave.  That's how most people will interpret this.

RE: Email sent to Katie 4/11/2012 12:00 pm

AUTHOR: CincyBell - (USA)

Hi millardiii,

We received your email.  [email protected] is our Social Media Team's email address.   We're investigating the issue and we'll reach out to you.

Thanks!

Katie
Cincinnati Bell
Social Media Team

Email sent to Katie 4/11/2012 12:00 pm

AUTHOR: millardiii - (United States of America)

An email was sent to Katie (who gave the generic Cincinnati Bell customer service email as her address) with our account information.  Given that this is not even a direct email I do not anticiapte a response.

AUTHOR: CincyBell - (United States of America)