Complaint Review: Clear - Clearwire

• Updated: Mon, January 11, 2010

• Reported By: Adam — Odessa Texas United States of America
Clear - Clearwire

Clear - Clearwire deception, rude, bad customer service, ripoff, Internet

I moved to a city in which I would reside for 18 months. I saw an add for clearwire promotional service for $16/month for the first 6 months and was told by the clerk I could cancel my service before the regular price was charged to my account.  He never mentioned anything about a contract so I purchased it. Later when I was having outages, I tried to cancel and was told that I was in a 2 year contract. When I asked to see my signature on a contract, they said, "Well its more of an agreement." Apparently when I got home and set it up, there was a terms and conditions box I had to agree to that said somewhere in fine print that I was accepting a 2 year "agreement" that the clerk failed to mention to me. The customer service supervisor Akiera was VERY rude to me and very condescending. To cancel my account, it cost me $60 and that was the prorated amount. I talked to 5 different people and none of them could waive the fee even though there was deception from the start, not to mention the outages I experienced during my FINALS WEEK! (I'm a graduate student working on my doctorate) They decided that reimbursing me for the days of the outages was sufficient but I didn't care about the money, I NEEDED internet. Overall, it was a HORRIBLE experience and I will NEVER do business with clear or clearwire ever again and I will tell everyone I know not to do business with them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2010 05:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Clearwire/internet/Clear-Clearwire-deception-rude-bad-customer-service-ripoff-Internet-552731. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear - Clearwire