Complaint Review: Clear Wireless Internet

• Submitted: Tue, May 29, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, May 29, 2012

• Reported By: Wans — Mebane North Carolina United States of America
Clear Wireless Internet
309 Huffman Mill Road Suite 430 Burlington, North Carolina United States of America

Clear Wireless Internet Kurt Matthews Don't be scammed like I am being Burlington, North Carolina

Went to the local store thinking it would be more convenient in case something did not work.  According to Clear the system should have worked in my zip coded area, but was not sure of the proximity.  Went to Clear Wireless Internet in Holly Hill Mall and was assured it would work and was told they had just put a tower up in the area.    Went to set up my service it did not work.  Called Mr. Matthews and was told to move the device to different areas.  Still did not work.  I called Clear directly and they said there is no service in my area.

Took the system back which I paid cash for.  Was told that I would have to have the refund put back on my card and should see it in 48 hours. By the way there is no system to refund my card. They had to write down my card number (which I was not comfortable in doing, but to get my money back I allowed it  and I warned if any erroneous charges showed up I knew where it came from).   I still have not seen my refund.  Called Clear directly and they can only send me gift cards for $50 for the service, but has to look to Mr. Matthews for the the $90 refund.  Mr. Matthews was rude and told me that the people I talked to in Pakistan don't know what they are talking about and I should not have called them anyway and just loud and very obnoxious on the phone which by the way I was on the other line with Clear as well who could hear his ranting.   So now it will be 5-7 business days to get my refund according to Mr. Matthews.  I was also told there is a $65 restocking fee!!  What kind of scam is that?  The device didn't work  which I of course said I will not be charged a restocking fee.    So from 48 hours to now 5-7 business days I still have not received either refund.     Clear states that my gift cards should come within in 7-10 business days from the 24th of May (returned merchandise, canceled service on the 18th via Mr. Matthews).  Escalating Mr. Matthews with Clear and am awaiting a call (let's see if that happens).

Also have a call in to the Burlington Police Fraud Dept. who gave me steps to take and will be calling them back if nothing gets done.  I feel like I have been scammed and wanted to see if anyone else has been with this particular business in Burlington.   When I call the people that work there to find out where my refund is they are clueless and refer to Mr. Matthews who is just smoke and mirrors to me.  Be forewarned when dealing with this particular business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2012 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clear-Wireless-Internet/Burlington-North-Carolina-27215/Clear-Wireless-Internet-Kurt-Matthews-Dont-be-scammed-like-I-am-being-Burlington-North-C-889894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clear Wireless Internet