Complaint Review: Clearlight Infrared Sauna by Sauna Works

• Updated: Fri, March 08, 2013

• Reported By: Justice — San Francisco California United States of America
Clearlight Infrared Sauna by Sauna Works
22 Cleveland St. Internet United States of America

Clearlight Infrared Sauna by Sauna Works, Sauna Works Clearlight Infrared Sauna by Sauna Works Lies San Francisco, Internet

*Consumer Comment: I'm Just Wondering

*Consumer Comment: I love my Clearlight Sauna

*Author of original report: Hate to Rain on Your Parade

*Consumer Comment: My Excellent Clearlight Sauna

Clearlight Infrared Sauna likes to tell customers and prospective customers that they are made in "South Korea".  This is a lie.  The fact is their garbage is manufactured in Yantai and Shanghai China.  The owner, Dr. Raleigh Duncan, a self proclaimed Con Artist, demands that his staff lie.  Some are all too anxious to do so to please their con artist boss and reap fantastic financial rewards.  Chris Kiggins is one of the most loyal and one of the most diabolical.  He is in charge of customer service.  Mr. Kiggins refers to problem customers (Customers who's new saunas don't work for example) as "Tweakers".  It can take him months to attend to even the most basic and simple of issues.  Problems with saunas include fire, failed "Never Fail" control panels, failed power supplies, damage "in shipping" (They blame everything on shipping) high EMF and more.

This company would lie about anything and everything in order to sell a sauna.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2013 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Clearlight-Infrared-Sauna-by-Sauna-Works/internet/Clearlight-Infrared-Sauna-by-Sauna-Works-Sauna-Works-Clearlight-Infrared-Sauna-by-Sauna-W-991383. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Clearlight Infrared Sauna by Sauna Works

I'm Just Wondering

AUTHOR: NewCustomer123 - ()

I just recently purchased a Clearlight IR Sauna and so far so good.  I noticed it wasn't heating up to the top temp but I also realized that I did not prime the sauna as recommended.  So I'll do that tomorrow.  As far as the consumer's complaint I'm responding to (this really isn't a rebuttal), the tone of the complaint is so extremely shrill and antagonistic, I was wondering if the complaintee has notified their state's Attorney General's office.

If you truly believe that Clearlight is a "fraudulent" operation, then it would make sense to me that one would contact the authorities, especially an attorney generals office.  That's what they do.  If the complaintee has not done that they either do not realize what their rights are, OR, they don't believe their charge is valid.  Also, any business, even some of the best in the world, have problems with their products or services from time to time.  The best they can do is make good somehow.  Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Lawrence, Brooklyn, New York

I love my Clearlight Sauna

AUTHOR: bradzerlini - ()

I bought my Clearlight Sauna about 3 years ago.  It has functioned great the entire time and it has really helped my psoriasis.  Overall, I feel much better using it.  It's a beautiful sauna as well.  I am writing this as something doesn't seem right about the review listed in this report.  It definately seems like someone with a grudge.  If your experiece with the sauna is anything like mine, you will be glad you have a Clearlight Sauna.

Do your research like I did and decide for yourself.

Hate to Rain on Your Parade

AUTHOR: Justice - (USA)

That "cedar" sauna, you like so much, is not really cedar.  It's Thuja Plicata and has not one of the anti microbial properties of old growth cedar.  You may have been told it does but the fact is it does not.

Saying something is made out of something it is not is called:  FRAUD.

Saying something is made somewhere other than it is is called: FRAUD.

Saying a sauna is tested before it is shipped to you and not doing that is called:  FRAUD.

A company that commits fraud and makes it practically the foundation of it's business is engaged in more than questionable business practice.  It is actively engaged in crime.  It exposes both itself and it's employees to dramatic and unfortunate liability.

You may be satisfied but the fact is you did not get what you were told you were getting and at Sauna Works that is a joke.  They literally think that is funny and laugh about it.  That is the wrong way to do business and does not bode well for a company's plans at longevity.

My Excellent Clearlight Sauna

AUTHOR: Ryder - (United States of America)

Good Morning,

I was saddened to see the content and tone of the complaint issued towards Sauna Works.  I have now owned my Premeir IS-2 for over a year and my whole experience with the sauna and my process with the company, it's salespersons, executives, and technical support has been completely excellent.

When I purchased this sauna I was living in the mountains of Colorado at around 8000 feet.  I located the sauna on a south facing deck and ordered a cover so that it would be protected from snow and wind.  Even in the cold of the winter, the sauna was able to achieve high temperatures beyond what was needed.

I have now moved to Iowa and have the sauna standing in a 1400 sq ft apartment with 15 ft ceilings.  It presents as a beautiful piece of cedar furniture that compliments other pieces made of cherry, teak, and oak. What I particularly appreciated was the ease of breaking it down and bringing it with me in a Penski rental truck from Colorado to Iowa.  With a 13 year old kid who was looking for work in my neighborhood, we had the entire sauna broken down and meticulously wrapped in moving blankets and held together with outdoor tarps, within less than two hours.  The sauna made it to Iowa without a scratch and is working 100%.

Being on a healing journey this sauna has been a tremendously valuable support to my health and well being.  And it just plain feels good to use it too!  Being on a juice "feast" for 8 weeks, the process of using the sauna has been very helpful in both facilitating a de-toxification and helping to keep warm given the depth of winter is not always the optimal time to be fasting.

I am somewhat of a thorough shopper and explored a number of companies before choosing the Clearlight Sauna from Sauna Works.  I encourage you to do the same and I'm sure you will find them to be very helpful, upright, and a joy to work with as I have.

My best to you in your journey.