Complaint Review: Coast Spas

• Submitted: Mon, January 21, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 25, 2013

• Reported By: Upset Coast Spa Owner — Georgetown Texas United States of America
Coast Spas

Coast Spas Coast Spas failing to honor warranty , Internet

*Author of original report: Coast Spas failing to honor warranty

*UPDATE Employee: In response...

Purchased our Coast Elite series hot tub from Austex Spas in Austin Tx. on 11/3/09. After 2 mos the radio went out and they replaced it. 3 mos later the new radio went out.  NO WARRANTY!!!  Now, the pump bearing has went out on our 3 yr old hot tub.

I called Austex Spas and the service man came out and said that Coast does not warranty pump seals and that I would have to contact Coast directly. After several days of calling, I got a return call from a Sonny Brar from Coast, and he proceeded to tell me that Elite series Hot Tubs did not have a 5 yr warranty, regardless of what the vendor told me.  I told him the vendor even wrote on my sales receipt, "5 year warranty".  He said he is not responsible for what vendors do, even if it concerns their (Coast) products.

So, Coast Spas, nor Austex Spas are honoring the warranty as expressed on my sales receipt.  I expressed to Coast Spas my intent to explain my position via the internet, and Mr. Sonny Brar said that I should do whatever I needed to do.  I think what I need to do at this time is file a deceptive trade practices act lawsuit against Coast as well as Austex Spas.  I will also keep informing potiential spa buyers of the ramifications of purchasing a Coast Spa as well as doing business with Austex Spas in Austin Texas.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2013 03:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coast-Spas/internet/Coast-Spas-Coast-Spas-failing-to-honor-warranty-Internet-1000711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coast Spas

Coast Spas failing to honor warranty

AUTHOR: Upset Coast Spa Owner - (United States of America)

You say you want work within your means to ensure my satisfaction... to contact you... but there is no contact information.  You say that the pump failed because of MY failure to keep my chemicals in check.  I ask you Sir, how in the world would you have any idea about the chemicals in my Spa?  The serviceman that came out said he could remove the pump and send it to Canada, BUT if Coast found any reason that the pump seal failed due to owner neglect, they would not repair the pump and not send it back!!!!!!  And now, you are telling me BEFORE anyone has even looked at the seal in question, that it is MY fault!!!!  Probably a good thing I didn't let him send it in if you have already made your mind up before ANYONE has examined the seal, or that would have been another $800/$1000.

Also, the salesman/manager at Austex Spas, David Siebelink, said when we purchased our spa in 2009, there was a 5 year total warranty on it.  I even had him write it on our sales receipt.  Now, AFTER the fact, after they received the $10,000, guess that little warranty claim he made is not true.  And Sir, I call that deceptive trade.

In closing, I want to say, that this is probably one of the poorest examples of customer service, from Coast, as well as Austex Spas, I have ever seen.  This is actually my second spa with Coast and Austex ($20,000).  The first one, we had to move shortly after installation. If you are serious about ensuring my satisfaction, please email me at rustycook53@yahoo.com. I will post your reply, or lack of one.

In response...

AUTHOR: Coast Spas - (Canada)

Dear Sir,

Very saddened to hear of your disgruntlement with Coast Spas and our warranty policies. We take great pride in our products and believe we offer a very comprehensive warranty to protect our customers in the event that our craftsmanship or equipment has contributed to a failure in the spa.

This said, there are critical components (such as your pump seal) that we are unable to cover under warranty as their lifespan is directly influenced by the water chemistry, which is maintained by the spa owner.  This is not a unique policy, and is standard throughout the hot tub industry. Your warranty documentation from 2009 will clearly outline these exceptions.

In your case specifically, your pump seal deteriorated and caused a malfunction in the bearings of your pump. As mentioned before, this premature deterioration is a result of an unfavorable chemical environment for the pump seal.

We do very much value your business and are here to assist you at anytime. If you would like to discuss this issue further, we would be happy to do so.  We want to see you enjoying your spa to its fullest and are happy to work within our means to ensure your satisfaction.

Kind Regards,