Complaint Review: Coco Bay Estates

• Updated: Sun, June 15, 2014

• Reported By: Peggy — Lake Havasu City Arizona
Coco Bay Estates
10m East Restaurante lizards Playas del Coco, Select State/Province Costa Rica

Coco Bay Estates Luxury Leisure Alliance We purchased what we thought was a fractional ownership 12/5/13. We are trying to book our weeks to use and cannot get a response from anyone. They have sold our two timeshares that we traded for this condo. I have read the other complaints and fear that we have been scammed as well. Playas del Coco Guanacaste

*Author of original report: FBI

We went to a presentation at the Coco bay Estates and were told we were purchasing a fractional ownership in a 1 bedroom condo. We purchased 52 weeks thinking of retiring in Costa Rica. This was 12/5/2013.  I am still unable to book any weeks and cannot get anyone to write or call me back.

I read the other complaints and fear that we are part of a major scam.

I saw the response from Coco Bay Estates from the previous complaint. My question to them is why they would let these people use their resort to sell this scam if they have no responsibility?  These people operated out of the 3 bedroom building and were obviously present for everyone in the condo to see.  I think the bottom line is with them.

I want to use my condo and I feel that they should honor this contract and let us book our condo for as many weeks as we want. This was our retirement money and I feel like a real fool to be taken in my such crooks. My husband was having chemo for the past year and we were so looking forward to 2015 in Costa Rica.

We were also signed up for the Amerashare Annuities. Which also appears to be a scam.

Our representative was Kenneth Hastings and Steve Henline. The compliance gal was Chantel Matthew. Also dealt with Natalia Garcia from my private residence club.

Not only are out the money we paid but also traded in two timeshares that we can no longer use.

The bottom line is that these condos exist and Coco Bay Estates should be held accountable. Per the contract they could take what we paid and apply to the purchase of the condo, lot or villa. At least we would own something.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2014 07:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coco-Bay-Estates/Playas-del-Coco-Select-StateProvince/Coco-Bay-Estates-Luxury-Leisure-Alliance-We-purchased-what-we-thought-was-a-fractional-ow-1154946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coco Bay Estates

FBI

AUTHOR: Peggy - ()

If you have been scammed by these people, please file a complaint with the FBI. The form is IC3 and the website is:

I received a call from the FBI this morning and they said if they get enough complaints filed they will start an investigation. This may be our only hope!