Complaint Review: Commerce Bank

• Updated: Sun, November 13, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous — Garden City Kansas United States of America
Commerce Bank

Commerce Bank Bank won't investigate fraudulent charges, Internet

I had a $30 charge appear on my checking account which I did not authorize. The only detail on my bank statement was a phone number, no company name. So, I called the phone number, it turned out to be a call center for various companies, and they told me that in order to reverse the charge I would have to know which company charged me. I told them I had no way of knowing who charged me, my bank statement didn't give that info. They put me on hold, then disconnected me.

Obviously, a scam company and bogus charge. So, I filed a dispute form with Commerce Bank in regards to the charge. The result was that Commerce bank would not reverse the charge. Their reason was "I could not identify the company that charged me". What in the world!! This bank is so incompetent that they can't even determine who charged my account fraudulently ??? And then they blame me for that ??? It's the bank's responsibility to tell me who charged my account!!! And, they couldn't even do that. This is the worst bank that I have ever seen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2011 09:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Commerce-Bank/internet/Commerce-Bank-Bank-wont-investigate-fraudulent-charges-Internet-797684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Commerce Bank