Complaint Review: CompareTheDalek.com

• Submitted: Thu, February 21, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2013

• Reported By: eljohnston1990 — Aus Internet Australia
CompareTheDalek.com

CompareTheDalek.com did not deliver goods or reply to enquiries London, Internet

*Author of original report: Update 9 April

Ordered subscription in July 2012. Confirmation received.

Did not receive items.

Emails received no response.

Requested cancellation but still no response.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2013 12:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CompareTheDalekcom/internet/CompareTheDalekcom-did-not-deliver-goods-or-reply-to-enquiries-London-Internet-1017779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CompareTheDalek.com

Update 9 April

AUTHOR: eljohnston1990 - ()

Received a response from CTD several weeks ago. Turns out my recent emails (not my original ones) had been going to their junk folder...strange!. Said they would chase up the magazines they recently sent by recorded mail. Didn't hear from them for another two weeks, despite my further emails.

When they did reply they said my magazines weren't sent by recorded email, but they assured me the next one would be. I replied saying no thank you, and that I wanted the subscription to be cancelled and to receive a refund. Didn't hear from then again for another few days (last night). They said they would refund everything except the postage charges and the one I did receive back in feb (not sure if I mentioned above I did receive 1 issue). I said I understood why I wouldn't get money back for the feb issue, but that I still wanted everything else.

We argued about this all last night (in aus time). They didn't want to refund the whole amount. Called me a liar several times and told me they couldn't take my word that I had received only one issue (you'd think I would have told them I received none if that was the case???). They were extremely rude and even when I pointed out the fact I had been requesting the cancellation since jan, they ignored this point all together, not even acknowledging my ignored attempts to cancel. They instead pointed out that one issue they had sent via recorded mail said it was 'in the country'...I did question this.

However, I threatened to 'take it further' and the response I received back said they would refund all but the feb issue. This will apparently occur next Monday when the relevant staff member is working. They also said they would be conducting an investigation with Royal Mail (saying I was still lying)

I had actually just been about to quote their own act, 'the sales of goods act' when they sent me this email.

I replied politely and said thank you.

All I can say is don't stop arguing if you know you're right. I sent these emails from two different email addresses, and im going to keep another one up my sleeve for next Monday in case they ignore my emails about the supposed refund. They also seemed to have blocked me on Facebook which is interesting. Overall CTD has provided terrible service and customer relations. I will be telling everyone to stay away from them.

Hopefully I get my refund!

knocked