Complaint Review: Contental Finance

• Submitted: Fri, December 21, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 21, 2012

• Reported By: Secret — Washington Washington DC U.S.A.
Contental Finance
P.O. Box 8099 Newark, Delaware United States of America

Contental Finance RIP OFF Newark, Delaware

*Author of original report: LET ME REPEAT MYSELF!

*Consumer Comment: Law Enforcement?

I applied for a Cerulean Card Discover card through Continental Finance. The number used on my application I no longer had once I received my card in the mail.

I called them to see if they could update my number because I needed to add a good number in order to activate my card.  The supervisor was so nasty. He told me they could not update numbers as part of a security measure and that I needed to fax to corporate headquartes a copy of my id, copy of credit card and the phone bill for the number I need added.

After I faxed over everything they tell me it could take up to 30 days on a response from corporate if they will be willing to change number.  If they are not willing to do so I would not be able to use my card and I would had took a hit on my credit for nothing. They also said that I can apply 6 months afterwards for another card. I told them why would I apply in 6 months afterwards to put another hit on my credit? They are beyond incompetent. I was informed that I might not be who I said I was on the phone and there was no way to prove it was actually me trying to activate my card.  I faxed these trolls the credit card, my license, phone bill and my law enforcement ID and they still trying to say that they have to look close to see if this is enough proof that it is me trying to make changes. What a waist. I understand that before activating a card you should not just take someones updated number on the phone but if i am faxing you all this proof what else should you need? A dern birth certificate, SS card, etc. Wow, you would think the way they act that they are a great credit card company that needs to keep their name in good standing but as I saw online there are MANY complaints about this company. They need to be trying to do whatever they can to gain a good rep. The supervisor tells me to check back in 2 weeks to see if corporate has made a decision. The customer service was so horrible. Guess thats why the furthest they could get in a career is working at a call center. Go figure! They also go on to tell me that its a red flag that I didnt put all my contact numbers because its obvious I do not wish to be contacted. I said are you kidding me. Your only means of contacting customers is not through phone but you all are able to send mail (retard). You can also e-mail. Red flad? good thing I wasnt in his presence when he made that statment. He wouldve been seeing red stars!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2012 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Contental-Finance/Newark-Delaware-19174/Contental-Finance-RIP-OFF-Newark-Delaware-985371. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Contental Finance

LET ME REPEAT MYSELF!

AUTHOR: Secret - (U.S.A.)

AGAIN! LIKE I SAID.....I UNDERSTAND THE SECURITY MEASURES BUT ONCE I SEND YOU ALL DOCUMENTS THAT CLEARLY SHOWS MY NAME, ADDRESS, ETC. THEN THEY SHOULD MAKE THE NECESSARY STEPS TO ACCOMMODATE ME AND HAVE ME GAIN ACCESS TO ACTIVATE MY CARD! BUT FROM ALL OF THE HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES PASS CUSTOMERS HAS POSTED ALL OVER THE INTERNET ABOUT THEM, IM NOT SUPRISED THAT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!

Law Enforcement?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

If you are truly in Law Enforcement you would understand exactly why this happened, not only that but if your card had been intercepted by someone else..you would be thanking them for this process.

Keep in mind you are claiming that you no longer had your phone number you used on the application.   Well not saying that you didn't somehow change your number in that couple of weeks.  But since you are in Law Enforcement you should also know that is the first thing a thief would say if they somehow intercepted your card.

You can argue about the length of time it takes them, but again what if a thief gave them the same story and they "rushed it", only to have fraudulent usage show up.  Talk about a hit to your credit.

As for you not putting down all of your contact numbers.  This is a Sub-Prime card and they are going to make very sure they can get a hold of you in case you are late.  But again if you had put alternate numbers down in the first place you wouldn't be in this situation now.