Complaint Review: Continental Who's Who

• Updated: Tue, September 11, 2012

• Reported By: jack daniels — Rochester Minnesota United States of America
Continental Who's Who
33 West Hawthorne Avenue Valley Stream, New York United States of America

Continental Who's Who Charge to my Credit card for lifetime membership (1000.00 dollars Valley Stream, New York

For the past 2 years I have been communicating with Swathmore's Who's who for inclusion in their publication of Who's who. During this period of time we had sent money to them which appeared to be somewhat reasonable. In the spring of this year we were requested to pay 1500 dollars for a 5 year inclusion in their publication. I called the company and informed them that we were  not going to contribute any more and after  a great deal of phone time they agreed to accept a final payment of 1000 Dollars which was sent to them-This was stated to be the absolute last payment. Later this Spring I received a copy of what would be included in that publication. There were so many mistakes tat rather than correct them, I sent my Bibliography that had all of the essentials. Yesterday, I received a registered mail letter from Continental Who's Who-also from New York. They were requesting 1500 dollars to include me in their Who's who and in fact had already charged it to my American Express card. On calling them, they stated that they had a recorded call from me agreeing to this charge for a lifetime membership. We had never had any communication with Continental Who's Who but they insisted that they had all the information from me regarding my mentors and my practice. I do not know how they received same as it had been sent to Swathmore's at Carol Stream, New York. In the interim we have stopped my Amer Express from deducting this charge and now Continental is threatening us with a law suit. How this could have happened is beyond me unless they are one and the same company and share data while trying to extract  extra money . I have cme to the conclusion that both are Scam operations.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2012 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Whos-Who/Valley-Stream-New-York-11580/Continental-Whos-Who-Charge-to-my-Credit-card-for-lifetime-membership-100000-dollars-V-939702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Who's Who