Complaint Review: Copeland Toyota

• Submitted: Tue, March 19, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, March 20, 2013

• Reported By: Michael — North Attleboro Massachusetts
Copeland Toyota
970 West Chestnut Street, Brockton MA Brockton, Massachusetts United States of America

Copeland Toyota Copeland Toyota will sign a contract with you then sell your car to someone else behind your back Brockton, Massachusetts

*Author of original report: To the rebuttal

*Consumer Comment: Question.

Copeland Toyota and I came to an agreement of the purchase price of a used Prius on Friday March 8. Included in the agreement (I have a copy of the contract) the dealer AGREED IN WRITING to not take a deposit on the car while we file the paperwork (even though they complained about it). I had outside financing set up so the next week I was actively working with the dealership to file the paperwork with my bank. Over that week I was at the dealership two additional times. All title, registration, purchase contract AND a bank draft was completed by the dealership. The dealership sent this information (including the bank draft) to my bank overnight to get the live check. The live check was to be mailed on March 18th. On the morning of March 18th I received a phone call from the dealership saying that they sold my car on March 16th. This was a huge waste of time since the dealership is a 30 minute drive one way. Plus I accrued fees with my bank to get the paperwork in order for them. Plus took time out of work to deal with the dealership on the purchase during THEIR business hours.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2013 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Copeland-Toyota/Brockton-Massachusetts-02301/Copeland-Toyota-Copeland-Toyota-will-sign-a-contract-with-you-then-sell-your-car-to-someo-1036043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Copeland Toyota

To the rebuttal

AUTHOR: michaelo - ()

1. The Mutually agreed upon deposit amount was zero. This was agreed to by both parties in writing. 2. All paperwork was filed and signed including a bank check draft to the dealer

I've purchased at least 10 cars this way and never had this issue before. I can see this happening before a bank draft is signed and all registration work is signed but right after??? The car was sold and the dealer was no longer dealing with me...they were dealing with my bank.

Question.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - ()

You make no mention of a deposit.   Did you put a deposit down?  If you did not put a monetary deposit on this vehicle,  you had no financial interest in it.   The same thing would happen with any car dealer.  If you did put down a deposit, did they give it back right away?