Complaint Review: Coral Resorts

PO box 602628 Charlotte, North Carolina United States of America
  • Phone: 866-610-5555
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Coral Resorts condo timeshare sold on Hilton Head Island Charlotte, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Common Scam

While on vacation in Hilton Head Island,with a large family group we stopped at "The Crazy Crab" a seafood restaurant.There was a tourist guide outside who mentioned that we could get a free boat trip to Dafuskie Island by listening to a sales spiel for condo time shares.I did not intend to buy , but thought It was worth an hour to get the boat ride for every one. In short I allowed myself to be sold, and did not read the small print.I was physically sick the day I got home,but had to work the next day. Likewise my wife had to work. When we read the contract,we realized we had nothing,except an expensive obligation.We own 1 week every 3 years and points ,but to me the points do not represent real property.We tried to contact them and  finally reached them with difficulty,a day late,but were not allowed to cancel.I will never go back to the sad state of South Carolina, I think it is a like a third world country owned and controlled by the crooks and exploiters.Hilton Head Island sucks if you are not rich and able to hide away in a gated community and play golf.By the way the South Carolina state officials I talked to basically laughed at me,probably because they are getting a piece of the action.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2012 06:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coral-Resorts/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28260/Coral-Resorts-condo-timeshare-sold-on-Hilton-Head-Island-Charlotte-North-Carolina-912490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coral Resorts

Common Scam

AUTHOR: coolgunz - (USA)

We're from Hickory, and got ripped off in 2010.  We bought an ANNUAL timeshare, but Broderick & Stanhope conspired to substitute a different first page while they were away "making copies" of everything.  It was a simple sleight of hand scam.

The state of south carolina condones the fraud, and will do nothing but conduct a sham "investigation" through the SC-LLC.

The same entity that "investigates" Coral is also responsible for bringing jobs & businesses to the state.  They aren't going to shut down a white-collar crime business that brings tourists to HHI.  They just want our money.]

I'm boycotting the state too.  I won't go there; travel through the state; nor do business with residents.  Their failure to enforce the law makes them equally culpable.

Pathetic!

I'd like to se a hurricane NAIL south carolina, with a direct hit on HHI.

It would serve them right to see the whole area flattened to smithereens!