Complaint Review: Corporate Travel Services of America

• Updated: Tue, September 13, 2011

• Reported By: Artemis — Los Angeles California United States of America
Corporate Travel Services of America
12295 Oracle Blvd, #340 Colorado Springs, Colorado United States of America

Corporate Travel Services of America Ken Parks, Sonya Perez No response regarding closing of timeshare sale contracted in March 2011. No communication since August. Colorado Springs, Colorado

*Author of original report: Corporate Travel Services of America

I was contacted by Corporate Travel Services of America in March 2011.  On March 23, 2011, I contracted with them to sell my timeshare at San Luis Bay Inn, Avila Beach, CA to a corporation for the offered price of $13,699.00. Closing fees were $2,739.80.  The purchaser was to pay $1369.90 and I paid $1.369.90 on 3/25/11 which was to be refunded to me upon closing. Initially I was dealing with Ken Parks and another employee who has since been let go and was told the closing process could take approximately three months.

Communication seemed no problem until July when I began to get no response to my messages regarding the progress of the sale.   After leaving numerous messages I was finally contacted on 7/29 by Sonya Perez who apologized for the delay in responding due to office expansion.  She indicated the reason why escrow had not closed by the end of June was because Ken Parks had overlooked a clause in my original timeshare purchase agreement that indicated San Luis Bay Inn had the right of first refusal regarding any offer on the timeshare and could pay the amount themselves but required a 60 day review period.

Thus the closing documents had to go to the resort first instead of me.   On 8/3 I received a message from her acknowledging my calls for updates but she left no details regarding any actual updates.  It was only after leaving messages threatening to complain to the BBB that I got a call from her on 8/24 in which she insisted that she had left messages, but I have a record of all calls made whether hangups or with messages and there were no calls from her.

To date, I have heard nothing and feel that I have been victim of fraud.  I also postponed paying my assocation dues based on their statement that the new owner would cover the cost, and ended up paying a penalty when the due date passed.  I have tried contact Sonya regarding some resolution on that and have not heard anything nor have I had any updates on the escrow situation.   I have since filed a complaint with the BBB on 9/5.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2011 08:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Corporate-Travel-Services-of-America/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80921/Corporate-Travel-Services-of-America-Ken-Parks-Sonya-Perez-No-response-regarding-closing-775959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Corporate Travel Services of America

Corporate Travel Services of America

AUTHOR: Artemis - (United States of America)

Received a call from Sonya Perez of Corporate Travel Services of America today indicating a refund of the $1369.90 I paid in March would be issued within two weeks.   Update will be issued upon receipt of refund.

thrown