Complaint Review: Cox Communications

• Updated: Sun, September 09, 2012

• Reported By: Rita — Bethany Oklahoma United States of America
Cox Communications
3316 S. Broadway Edmond/Oklahoma City, Oklahoma United States of America

Cox Communications Cox Cable Television would not process a payment by phone, but kept transferring to a rep-so as to collect a $10 "service fee" Edmond/Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

I have always been angered and sometimes infuriated by the lengthy and confusing charges on our cable TV, phone, and internet statements from Cox Communictions. We live in an apartment which is a "Cox only", meaning that it's the only provider allowed. This is very restrictive to begin with.

We have been longtime customers of this service -in fact, for over 15 years now. I roughly calculated,

with a modest estimate of monthly charges at only $100 a month, bringing the numbers forward, that's about $18,000 I have "given" to this company. A very hefty amount of cash. One would hope for some acknowledgement of our "loyalty" and prompt payments over such a long period of time. Not so.

I recently tried to make an online payment. I made call after call to the automated service to pay your bill. It wouldn't take it, but kept transferring me to an agent-for which added another fee -a $10 service fee. They wouldn't budge on that either -said "there was nothing they could do". I swear it's a scam. I know how to answer the prompts. An agent used to say, if that did rarely occur, "I'm so sorry - I will be glad to waive the fee for your inconvenience" No more.

But this one takes the cake - I kept trying the failing system, and got a rep -she told me not to worry, because there was a 10 day grace period and no late penalty would be charged and no disconnect either. Wrong! Today, our cable was cut off. Guess they figured what to have the reps tell people to collect yet another fee -a $30 re-connect fee, (or whatever it is). Makes me boiling mad. Requests to talk to a supervisor only keep you on hold ad-infinitum.

If I was new to town and getting service, I think I would try a satellite service, or even the very affordable Sky Angel, unless you have really big bucks, and the patience and tolerance of a saint!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2012 08:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cox-Communications/EdmondOklahoma-City-Oklahoma-73013/Cox-Communications-Cox-Cable-Television-would-not-process-a-payment-by-phone-but-kept-tra-938816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cox Communications