My main beef with Cox is that they are really incompetent, have horrible customer service, and are all-around dishonest in the way they treat customers.
Examples of Incompetence:
1) When I moved, my email address was supposed to be portable to my new location. Instead, they deleted my account entirely, and did not set it up again until 7 days later. So I lost 7 days worth of email at a time when I was moving and had people trying to contact me. Why did it take 7 days? Because I had to call them 4 - 5 times to keep asking them to reactivate my email.
2) On another occasion when I moved, they told me I can save money by dropping 'Advanced TV' since I don't use it. This instead got me off a bundled package, costing me $38 more per month. In short, the incompetent rep had me to go on an inferior service plan thinking I would save money, when in fact I ended up paying quite a bit more. It was not explained to me I would pay more for less, and when I tried to revert to me old plan, they did not allow me to do that (more on that below).
3) On issue 2 above, I had to call twice to try to get things straightened out, with no positive results. The first time I called, I was told they would take care of it, which was a lie.
Examples of dishonest business practices:
1) When I moved and reduced services with the understanding that I would pay less (a suggestion made to me by a rep), I instead ended up getting billed since I was taken off a bundled package (see #2 above). I contacted them to try to get back on my old plan, and they refused to switch me and instead tried to put me on some other bundle which would reset to much a higher price in 12 months. My previous plan had a locked-in price, so it's no surprise they would try to con me out of being on that plan. Either way, I was essentially duped into dropping a plan that was favorable for me, and instead got put on a plan that costs more and offers less.
2) They automatically upgraded my account to a higher level Internet plan a couple years ago, and started charging me more every month.
After all these issues, I have decided to leave Cox after being a customer for 6 years. I WARN EVERYONE NOT to use them if at all possible. You will have to watch your bill like a hawk, and if there is something wrong, GOOD LUCK trying to get it resolved in a timely or satisfactory manner. The reps are either incompetent or rude, and the managers are unhelpful.