- Report: #765068
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Crossland Economy Studios
Crossland Economy Studios4861 W McDowell Rd. Phoenix, Arizona United States of America
Crossland Economy Studios Extended Stay Hotels Evicted for having a legally protected disability. Phoenix, Arizona
*Author of original report: Business Names
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
One evening around 5 PM on June 29th, 2011, my room mate went to pick up the mail which had an appointment card for the VA amongst it as well as my anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medicines. I have multiple personalities (D.I.D. as it's known as now) and these medications help keep me in check.
The night shift gal who we will call Danny, started asking my room mate far too many questions about the VA card and the medicines that were mailed, unprofessionally digging into our and more particularly my personal and private life and why I need the meds, etc. She learned through her questioning of said room mate about my mental disorder and asked what kinds of things my alter tells me to do, which my room mate informed her, "When he's around people, it tells him to harm them and how."
This answer apparently freaked her out and made the false claim that my room mate "threatened" that I was going to come down and horrifically kill her. She informed the new manager apparently which prompted the police to show up at 7:00 PM on the dot (while I was asleep mind you) and served an immediate eviction. Police informed us that, "We can't sue because we're considered 'guests' and therefor can be kicked out at any time for any reason." which is funny because the laws for "paid guests" and "Free guests" are two entirely different laws, I'm guessing they got these two confused or somehow forgot that we paid good money to stay there.
We had just paid rent for the next month as well. We weren't able to get our security deposit back in part nor in full, plus we were told there weren't any refunds, no exceptions. Essentially we had 6 weeks all paid up for that was tossed straight out the window and into their pockets leaving us homeless for a little over a week while I managed to obtain the fundage needed to move into another place on another part of town. Even now I myself and my room mate are still suffering anxiety disorders due to the mistreatment we received. Had they given us a refund, we wouldn't have had to go homeless.
Upon getting our things we had to leave behind, everything was moved from our room and into another one entirely. We ended up missing $120 worth of food I just bought 6 hours before the eviction took place, my iPhone and laptop and other things listed below. We were also told that they don't know how we managed to get 2 of their microwaves and TVs in the room, but we weren't taking either of them, which is very odd because we spend $80 on our own microwave and $60 on a TV prior to even moving into their place, so we're out those 2 items as well because they apparently think that people that move in, all their property apparently becomes theirs I'm assuming. So that's extra stuff we're out of.
- iPhone 3GS (AT&T)
- $120 worth of food, most of which was non-perishable
- Computer boneyard consisting of KVM Switch, several keyboards and mice, graphics cards, sound cards, 3 tv tuners, 4 mother boards and several sticks of 1 gig RAM).
- All our pots, pans, stoneware, silverware, cooking utensils, cleaning supplies, cups, drinking glasses.
- My 2 family heirlooms including a silver wedding band with amethyst gem embedded and leather back brace belt with false gems (colored quartz).
- Fresh carton of Pall Mall cigarettes which only had 2 packs missing from it (which were currently being smoked on by us, rest of the carton was just gone when we arrived to pick up our things).
- Two, 1 TB external HDD's
- Approximately $300 worth of DVD's
- 4 James Paterson books
- All of my dress shirts (total of 5) [Seriously? What the hell happened to my church clothes?!]
- Room mate's pain killers for his degenerative disk disease (Oxycodone and others) which weren't able to be refilled for 3 weeks after the incident.
- 1 pillow, 2 pillow cases, 2 quilts one of which was was by my grandmother for me before she passed away.
- Insulin needles
- Coffee Maker (Cheap walmart one, was easy to replace, but still, why my d**n coffee maker too?)
- High end gaming platform PC (Apparent attempt at gutting the system, damaging it's graphics card and motherboard)
- Linksys router (water damage somehow)
- Samsung StraightTalk cell phone (Cracked screen and broken slider keyboard)
- 1 LCD PC Monitor
- Computer desk (left in shambles)
- Room mate's supply of insulin, including the lantis which requires refrigeration.
I'm hoping this review regarding this particular location will warn people not to move in and protect themselves, there are better places.
Also worth noting is Bait and Switch, not delivering on advertised promises. They advertise that you pay for 4 weeks, you get the 5th free every month. We paid for 4 weeks and got only "30 days", not even a full month in some months. Was there for a period of 1 month and 2 weeks, got extra cash, paid more in rent to extend our time a little more for financial padding in case we needed the funds later from our checks for something else like an emergency. Apparently we should've saved that money back in our pockets, because them kicking us out was the emergency. Just the same, they're a rip off from the very beginning right at the time of paying for your first month's rent you get ripped off.
The stay there was far beyond the scale of "not worth it" into the category of "Screw everything about this". Also worth mentioning is that we're banned from the property, which isn't a problem because it makes me and the room mate physically sick now just passing McDowell Rd on the bus just because of this stinking place.
Of the words of the rest of the internet. "IT'S A TRAP!"
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2011 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Crossland-Economy-Studios/Phoenix-Arizona-/Crossland-Economy-Studios-Extended-Stay-Hotels-Evicted-for-having-a-legally-protected-disa-765068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.