- Report: #1019100
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: DIRECTV Affiliate Marketing Program
DIRECTV Affiliate Marketing ProgramInternet United States of America
DIRECTV Affiliate Marketing Program Refuses to Pay or Communicate with Affiliates Internet
*Author of original report: UPDATE: SITUATION RESOLVED SATISFACTORILY
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. They promise "monthly payments" on their affiliate sign-up page, but this is a blatant lie. As of the time this video was made they have failed to make payments for 3 months for everyone in the program. (http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/support/affiliate_program)
2. Although they send "updates" on what banners and materials to put out, DIRECTV refuses to communicate with affiliates concerning the lack of payment.
3. Their email address for affiliate communication of email@example.com is set to bounce all incoming emails and the messages sent via the CJ.COM interface goes completely ignored by DIRECTV. (as of 2/23/2013).
4. These actions do not just include myself but are aimed at everyone in the program. No one who is an affiliate of the DIRECTV program at CJ has been paid in the last 3 months. DIRECTV consistently fails to fund their account.
I have been in the business of affiliate marketing for over 13 years. Bad or mismanaged affiliate programs are certainly nothing new, but given DIRECTV's status and importance in the field of satellite TV entertainment and the woes of their affiliate program being so lasting and continual, it is by far one of the worst affiliate programs I have had the misfortune of believing in. Missing a month every now and then does happen with almost all programs in general, but DIRECTV has taken it to a whole new epic level. On top of that, their refusal to communicate with affiliates, bouncing emails from their contact address, and refusing to answer messages submitted via the CJ messaging system. If you wish to promote DIRECTV, do it via one of their authorized agents, not DIRECTV directly. I have had no issues since switching out to that.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2013 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DIRECTV-Affiliate-Marketing-Program/internet/DIRECTV-Affiliate-Marketing-Program-Refuses-to-Pay-or-Communicate-with-Affiliates-Interne-1019100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.