Complaint Review: DISCOUNT JUNGLE

• Updated: Wed, August 24, 2011

• Reported By: jen — United States of America
DISCOUNT JUNGLE
los angeles los angeles, California United States of America

DISCOUNT JUNGLE SELLING USED VIZIO TV AS NEW. NOT FOLLOWING THRU WITH THEIR VERBAL PROMISES. REFUNDING INCORRECTLY los angeles, California

Discount Jungle sold via Amazon a new Vizio TV set. When receiving the set it was clear that box had previously been opened. I phoned Discount Jungle and Marissa said to go ahead and open the box and plug in the TV to see if it works. When the remote didn't work I phoned Vizio who helped me reset the remote and advised that the serial # on the Vizio box was not their official serial # and that Discount Jungle was not an official Vizio seller so therefore the TV would not fall under their warranty.  Discount Jungle verbally promised to give me a refund of $75 plus their own 1 year warranty because of this. When I asked Discount Jungle to put that in writing, they didin't follow thru. Anther phone call and I was promised either the full refund if I returned the set or for me to keep the set and a $75 refund. When I agreed to receive the $75 and keep the set as long as they would put in writing about the warranty. Apparently Discount Jungle didn't want to do that as the next email I get is for me to return set. The refund I received from them is $390.56 instead of $473.62

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2011 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DISCOUNT-JUNGLE/los-angeles-California-11111/DISCOUNT-JUNGLE-SELLING-USED-VIZIO-TV-AS-NEW-NOT-FOLLOWING-THRU-WITH-THEIR-VERBAL-PROMIS-769011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DISCOUNT JUNGLE