contrary

3501 McFarlin Blvd Dallas, Texas United States of America

David C Turner estate sales Lied at least twice Dallas, Texas

*Consumer Comment: I was also here at this sale

*UPDATE Employee: i was there

How many people are tired of being ripped off by estate sale people ? This is a good one This is what happened to me this morning 12/16 AT David C Turner Estate sales I go to his sale that starts at
9:30 AM as listed on Estate sales .net after driving 45 miles I get there and sit out in the cold for about 1.5 hours After the rush to get in there is a room filled with albums, tapes and below average electronics. I figure there had to be reel to reel tapes after looking around I see some on a bottom shelf, I went to have a look se and there was at least 100 sealed never opened reel to reel tapes, the price said TAPES 1.00 ea most were all the right tapes 70s rock, I near had a heart attack would of been close the catch of a life time for me , or close to it, I ask the lady working at the sale to see if she could find me a box I was buying all of them, she finds a couple boxes and I load the boxes , I stood there not wanting to move away from them, about 5 min later David C turner comes into the room and asked if I am the one buying the tapes, I said yes then he said well the owners father called and said I can not sell them, I said What ? he said yea there not for sale .and just that fast 2 of his workers grabbed the boxes and took off with them I thought UH ? Then asked him to call the guy and see what it would take to buy them, he said ok, Well, then a guy stops me in the hall and say's hey do not sit me out but no one called him, that guy in the black coat went out and told him he was selling them to cheap and was jealous because he did not see them first, and was one of Mr. Turner regulars I went to talk to Mr turner about it, when he seen me before I say anything, he tells me I called the guy and he wants to go through them first !!! HE Lied again right in my face !!, Mr Turner Flat out lied at least twice to me, I confronted him about it, and neither he or his workers, did not want to talk about it , the one guy said hey I just do as I am told. I had at least 4 guys saying wow I never seen nothing like that you were flat ripped off, I was not only lied to but wasted gas,time, sat out in the cold for a hour and a half... for absolutely NOTHING

I have filed a complaint with the BBB, and with estate sales.net (yea big deal) .I have 4 phone numbers of guys that think this was flat wrong and Saw all of it and said if they need any help let them know, I have a attorney that I keep on retainer and will see what can be done probably can not do a thing about it probably long gone to one of Davids favorite sons,, but people that go to estate sales in the DFW area should know about this, Sleep well Mr Turner, if you can.I do think you know you did me wrong, could see it on the look of your face.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2010 04:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/David-C-Turner-estate-sales/Dallas-Texas-/David-C-Turner-estate-sales-Lied-at-least-twice-Dallas-Texas-672544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on David C Turner estate sales

I was also here at this sale

AUTHOR: jniblock - (United States of America)

Well
 I was at this sale also, in other words the employee that wrote this rebuttile  actually knows more than the boss ? I seen every minute of this, The fellow that wrote the report was so ripped off That I have yet to see anything like it and to this day it is still talked about with the Dallas Estate sale crowd, If this employee  is who it has to be " Lady "  you are the one that was helping him ? after he told you he was buying all them tapes ? and getting him boxes to put them in.  and at that point they were sold in everyone's eyes except 1 guy What you fail to say is what happened to the tapes ? would the name George ring a bell with you ?  well everyone already knows where they went. and what went down. why this guy did not sue it is beyond me ? he had so many witnesses on his side he would of got a settlement for sure. I am also tried of the Estate Sale people that cherry pick and have people come in that they are friends with, that get the best deals, Most of the estate sale people own flea market or antique store booths, Gee  I wonder how they fill them up with items for sale ?  yea I bet they are looking out for their client , Maybe you eneded up with a cut of the pie  would not suprise me in the least.  and this is none of my business but I did send the guy an email from his statement he also put on Craigslist. it was just a sad sad deal for a guy that waited outside for at least 2 hours, I have only wasted my time at 2 more sales since I seen this, Do not blame the guy for writing this, I would of had also.  and I know a few others that feel the same,  not worth going to the sales anymore.  why not Just call your friends and sell stuff to them save everyone the trouble. Maybe your clients should take a better look at what your prices are marked at,  or I guess its better to just change them as you go along on the fly if you all of a sudden decide something is to cheap, after it is sold  Heck I even heard you smart off and swear at the guy as he was going out the door, you do have guts lady as your boss does.

i was there

AUTHOR: marti - (United States of America)

I am the female employee about which the complaintant speaks.

First let me state that my job as Mr. Turner's employee is to make the best money I can for our client, i.e., the family who own the estate sale merchandise that Mr. Turner works hard to sell.

When I brought the box to said complaintant and saw how much the tapes were marked, I went to Mr. Turner and asked if he was certain that $1.00 per tape was the best we could get for the client. Just about that time, while no customers were about, the client called Mr. Turner, they spoke of this and other things and the client decided that he wanted to look at the tapes before we put them back out to sell.

If you ask around I know you will find that everyone that David C. Turner deals with knows him as a firm, fair and honest business associate.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC