Complaint Review: Dealticker

• Updated: Fri, June 21, 2013

• Reported By: Josie — Toronto, Ontario Alabama
Dealticker
1901 - 5000 Yonge St Toronto, Ontario Canada

Dealticker • I bought a coupon from Dealticker for a spa package with TWC image spa. TWC cannot provide me with any appointments for months and TWC asked me to contact Dealticker for a refund. I have contacted Dealticker and they refused to provide me with a refund. I have been very patient and followed DealTicker’s advice, to wait for TWC image hair spa to contact me to schedule an appointment. However, this has not happened. Essentially I have paid for a $35 non-service, having received absolutely nothing in return. I have not received a satisfactory response after multiple emails. It has been months. Toronto Ontario

On June 27 2012, I purchased a service voucher from Dealticker:

Company: TWC Image Hair Spa

Toronto, 715B Danforth Avenue, M4J 1L2, 416-778-8588

$35 for Voucher entitles holder to a Shellac Manicure, Express Spa Pedicure, Paraffin Hand Treatment and Deep Protein Hair Treatment at TWC Image Hair Spa.

Expiry date: July 2, 2013

The purchase agreement was made at Dealticker.

I have called TWC image Hair Spa since beginning of April 2013 on a weekly basis but they do not have any available appointments.  I have spoken to the staff at TWC on May 7 2013 because they do not have any available appointments throughout the whole summer.  The staff at TWC indicated that it is not possible to book me in any time at all.  They asked me to contact Dealticker for a refund.

Dealticker claimed that on the email on June 18 2013 that the Merchant (TWC) is still honouring vouchers at their establishment therefore a refund for this order cannot be process.  That if the voucher expired then I can use them like a gift card for goods and services.

TWC Image Hair Spa clearly had indicated that in writing through email that they will not be able to book an appointment for me to use my voucher, stating there are no openings from now until the expiry date of Jul 2, 2013.  They will also not be able to provide me with any goods and services after expiration date.

This is precisely the type of situation where DealTicker should take responsibility.  I did not know TWC before I bought the voucher and relied entirely on DealTicker's recommendation that this was an trustworthy business.  The Ministry of Consumer Services states: "when you buy a voucher from a group-buying website, you are doing business with them – not the business offering the product or service you purchased" Therefore, it makes no difference whether payment has been made to TWC and DealTicker should continue to protect its customers.

I have been very patient and followed DealTicker's advice, to wait for TWC to contact me to schedule an appointment.  However, this has not happened.  Essentially I have paid for a non-service, having received absolutely nothing in return.  I have not received a satisfactory response after multiple emails.  Dealticker finally emailed me today indicated that they will not provide me with a refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2013 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dealticker/Toronto-Ontario-M2N-7E9/Dealticker-I-bought-a-coupon-from-Dealticker-for-a-spa-package-with-TWC-image-spa-T-1061025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dealticker