Complaint Review: Dental Health Services

• Submitted: Thu, November 01, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 01, 2012

• Reported By: Sean — Collierville Tennessee United States of America
Dental Health Services

Dental Health Services Dental Insurance Bad Business Practices, Refusal to Cancel and Refund, Internet

I used Dental Health Services for dental insurance while I lived in California and Washington.  They only have dentists in California, Oregon, and Washington.  In July 2011, my wife and I moved from California to Washington.  We were told by Dental Health Services that we would have to fill out another form to get their services in Washington.  No problem.  We filled out the form.

We moved from Washington to Tennessee (1500 miles away from the nearest dentist covered in their program) in January 2012.  It did not dawn on me until March that we had not cancelled their services.  I called Dental Health Services to inform them that we no longer could use their services.  They had us fax them a written statement, which we did, and they said we would be cancelled effective May 1st, 2012.  Still no problems.  Should they have gone back retroactively to the date we moved out of their coverage area?  Yes.  But that was my mistake.  So no problem.

It is now November 2012 and I'm looking at my bank statement and I see that they are still taking money out of my account each month.  I call them to find out why and they said I cancelled my California account effective May 2012, but not my Washington account.  I never realized we even had two accounts.  I was told that by filling out the forms in Washington, my account would be transferred!  So not only are they still taking money out of my account for a service I can't use, but they had been taking out twice the payments each month since July 2011!  They refuse to refund the money.

Don't do business with them!  They make it simple to get into the program, but obviously it is impossible to leave!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2012 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dental-Health-Services/internet/Dental-Health-Services-Dental-Insurance-Bad-Business-Practices-Refusal-to-Cancel-and-Ref-963173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dental Health Services