dressed

• Updated: Tue, December 31, 2013

• Reported By: Ken W — Hoffman Estates Illinois
Dental Works
5000 Spring Hill Mall, West Dundee, Illinois USA

Dental Works Loretta C. Davis, D.D.S. West Dundee - Spring Hill Mall (Sears) Extra Dental Works West Dundee Illinois

My family has been using the Dental Works in Schaumburg @ Woodfield Mall several years 2008-2010 never a billing issue. But we needed to perform a quick regular cleaning and checkup before we left for a overseas assignment and the Woodfield location suggested using the East Dundee location, since the Woodfield Mall location was over booked.  This was the worst suggestion to date by Dental Works.  The dentist Loretta C. Davis DDS not only sold us floride sealing that we did not ask for, but then told me that I had a cavity that needed repair.  When I ask if I can see the x-ray; she was quiet and walked away.  So told the dental assistant that I was not interested in getting the cavity filled unless there is proof that there is an issue.  For the last 17 years I have not had one problem with cavities on my teeth.  At first the dentist wanted me to pay a "Prep fee" since I refused the service.  When I explained that they could not prove that I had a cavity on x-ray so why would I be expected to pay a "prep fee"; the front desk told me they would take care of it and remove the charges.  We did pay approx. $60 for two adult floride seals; that was performed without our approval.  I thought everything was A-okay.  How wrong was I.  We wanted a simple- and rountine checkup, x-ray and cleaning but instead we got extra charges and dental procedures that were not approved my myself and wife.

According the Aetna dental the insurance payments has been paid to Dental Works for charges submitted.  Dental works seems to be unable to pickup the phone and simply call Aetna and resolve this billing issue with Aetna directly.  Our balance with dental works should be Zero.  We paid for the flouride seal for two adults and all the rest was covered by Aetna dental.  This was verified by Aetna as well.

Even thou Aetna tells us that the checkup and cleaning were paid by them and the sealing paid for using my credit card I still get a $66.00 payment request from Dental works billing department but when I repeatedly contact Dental Works Accounting to resolve the issue they would always tell me that they understand where the miss applied insurance payments went and will fix the account so that I would not get collection payment letters.  I've been getting pass-due letter from Dental Works regularly every 6 months since Jun 2011 which mean this will be the 4th time that I will need to call and waste another 2-3 hours explaining everything to someone new at the Dental Works accounts payable department.

The poor service at Dental Works-West Dundee is reflected in the one star on Yahoo and Google listings.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2013 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dental-Works/West-Dundee-Illinois/Dental-Works-Loretta-C-Davis-DDS-West-Dundee-Spring-Hill-Mall-Sears-Extra-Dental-1111996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dental Works