Complaint Review: Dependable Auto Shippers

• Updated: Mon, November 05, 2012

• Reported By: jmcmath — Carmel New York United States of America
Dependable Auto Shippers
3020 U.S. Route 80 Mesquite, Texas United States of America

Dependable Auto Shippers Dependable Auto Shippers Abused and Damaged My Car and Denied My Claim Mesquite, Texas

I contracted with DAS to ship my 2000 Porsche Boxster S from LA to NY on September 14, 2012. When I dropped the car off at their Gardena, CA depot, it had virtually new tires on it. When the car was delivered however the rear tires were COMPLETELY BALD and the rear underside of the car was caked with rubber dust. Two tire shops said it was obvious someone had done burnouts in the car and in the process shredded 20,000 plus miles of tread off the tires. My mechanic also said the clutch and CV joints would have taken a severe beating in the process.

Shocked and disgusted, I called for an explanation but was merely told to file a claim. I asked to speak to someone senior about how this could happen and was put through to a customer service manager. I left this woman a polite voicemail explaining that I had always had good experiences with DAS in the past and would simply like an explanation for how this could have happened. I never received a call back nor any explanation. As for my claim, after requesting documentation and photos they denied me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2012 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dependable-Auto-Shippers/Mesquite-Texas-75149/Dependable-Auto-Shippers-Dependable-Auto-Shippers-Abused-and-Damaged-My-Car-and-Denied-My-965005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dependable Auto Shippers