Complaint Review: Digital Depot Online

• Reported By: Kim — Cape Coral Florida United States of America
Digital Depot Online

Digital Depot Online Bait and switch, camera pages changed daily , Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Address - file a BBB report

Ordered a Nikon D800 on May 18, 2012.  Found I had ordered a European release when Digital Depot's customer service called right away to amend order - saying dials would be in Chinese.  It ended up costing more to order the US release from Digital Depot (than Nikon itself) because the battery and charger were extra (much extra).  I had a bad feeling bout this company and asked to cancel my order but was told it was a mandatory 10% to do so (all within 5 minutes of placing my order online).

Received a receipt stating I would receive my order on or before June 12.

On June 18 I called about non-delivery and that I had been charged hundreds of dollars more on my credit card than was stated on my invoice.  Also a mistake on my order showing 2 chargers and 1 battery when it was the other way around.  My order was canceled as a "courtesy" for delay.  My credit card was to be credited by June 26.  Odd that my on-line account with them changed to the higher amount this day that I brought all this info to them.

June 28, I called my credit card company to see if credit was received but it was not.  Started dispute process with my credit card company.  Called Digital Depot and was told I was credited on the 26th but it may take 7-10 days to show on my end.  Asked for a cancellation confirmation reflecting the 26th and was told it would be sent by end of day.

I have repeatedly asked for this cancellation confirmation number and have not received it as of today (July 5).

Web pages for this company seem to change daily.  You must read every fine line with them.  Very dissatisfied with my experience with Digital Depot.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2012 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Digital-Depot-Online/internet/Digital-Depot-Online-Bait-and-switch-camera-pages-changed-daily-Internet-907100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Digital Depot Online

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Address - file a BBB report

AUTHOR: bonbellaphoto - (United States of America)

Digitaldepotonline.com