Complaint Review: Discovery Marketing

• Updated: Wed, August 29, 2012

• Reported By: Chef Dave — Largo Florida USA
Discovery Marketing
2260 Massaro Blvd Tampa, Florida United States of America

Discovery Marketing RAINSOFT Does not show when scheduled, Does not return calls Tampa , Florida

*Author of original report: Discovery Marketing NO Customer Service

Purchased a new home Largo FL, brought my equipment with me from my previous home in Kissimmee FL. On August 15,2012 I called their customer service number and scheduled a re-install of my equipment. The job to be done on Tuesday August 21, 2012 at 9 a.m. no show. At 9:20 I called dispatch and was told that installers were still in the shop and would recieve a call no later than 10 a.m. this morning to tell me what time they would actually arrive. 10, 11 no call 11:15 called the Tampa install division and spoke with operator who placed me on hold for 10 min. When she returned to the phone she stated that LIZ would call me right back "she is looking for the paperwork". It is now 3:21 p.m. NO return phone call, NO installer. I have taken off my entire day to wait for this install. I have lost clients that I should have been seeing (I own my own catering company and had appointments) Additionally I have contacted corporate headquarters 2 times by E-mail with NO response.I recommend that no one do business with Discovery Marketing/Rainsoft of Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2012 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Discovery-Marketing/Tampa-Florida-33619/Discovery-Marketing-RAINSOFT-Does-not-show-when-scheduled-Does-not-return-calls-Tampa-F-930453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Discovery Marketing

Discovery Marketing NO Customer Service

AUTHOR: Chef Dave - (USA)

At 4:30 p.m. I recieved a call from (Kim) who stated she was in and out of the office and that is why she did not "call me right back as promised". I told her that she would have a serviceman/installer at the house by 8 a.m. the next morning and was cutoff after demanding a supervisor! On Wednesday morning I recieved yet another call from (Kim) who stated that they ave "scheduled the install for the next day (Thursday -not- Tuesday or Wednesday as promised) "NO LATER THAN" 8 a.m..

Well needless to say 8 a.m. came and went, 9 a.m. came and went. I called dispatch (at 9:05 a.m.) and was "informed he is stuck in traffic and will be there in 10 min". 9:35 a.m. installer finally showed I shut the door in his face after telling him to get off my property. 20 min later I recieved a call stating that the INSTALLER IS IN MY DRIVEWAY HAS BEEN WAITING ON ME WHERE AM I after all it was difficult to get a installer out to my home at 8 a.m." I informed (Kim) he did not show up at 8 or 9 and it was after 9:35 he showed, I was told that he told them he was waiting on me!

I called Ben Franklin Plumbing 15 min later they had an installer with NEW EQUIPMENT at my door. Yes I had to pay $3800 for another unit and the install but it was all worth it when I saw the DISCOVERY/RAINSOFT machine in the trash. Had they shown up at 8 a.m. as promised I would have paid the $1700 install to DISCOVERY/RAINSOFT but they didn't and so the other company got my business and doubled their profits for the day.

Fair warning to everyone - never do business with DISCOVERY/RAINSOFT in Florida you will not get any service from them and when you move a machine they always have excuses why they were not there when promised or try and blame the problem on you!