Complaint Review: Domani Scooters LLC

• Reported By: S HUNTOON — WILMINGTON Delaware United States of America
Domani Scooters LLC
6 2nd St ocean city, Maryland United States of America

Domani Scooters LLC Domani Deli Beware Scam Artists!!!! ocean city, Maryland

*Author of original report: You Must be joking!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Doesn't sound like Domani

I went to ocean city md, for a family vacation in june of 2011, I rented a scooter off the boardwalk, (domani scooters) the first scooter they put me on the breaks failed before I left the parking lot, the forgiener who rented me the scooter says "no problem we put you on another scooter" the second scooter they put me on broke down in the parking lot, they put me on a 3rd scooter that wouldn't even start, finally the 4th scooter they put me on broke down 5 miles and 15 minutes after leaving the parking lot, I had to hitch a ride back to the rental place where I gave the keys to the forgiener told him where it was, he said he knew where that was and would go get the scooter, was gonna leave and say screw it, he says" no problem you did nothing wrong, don't worry about it I put you on another scooter, the 5th scooter now leaving the parking lot 1 30 minutes into the 3 hour rental, I was given no discounts on time or anything, I paid full price for  half the time, when I turned in the scooter and the end of the rental, I asked if they got the scooter, they said they were really busy and haddn't had the chance to go pick it up, I asked them if they wanted me to show them where it was, they said no they knew where it was located and that they would pick it up later. I said call me if you can't find it. the forgein guys writes down the adress of the broken down computer. this wouldn't be so bad to swallow if it ended then and there but it gets worse.

a week later I see a charge for 245.00 from domani scooters, I call they store, no one will talk to me, I call the city of ocean city finally get a number on file for owner through his vendor's license, I call it and it is another business in jamaca, ny... he laughs at me tells me good luck in getting my money back, I am fired up now, they just stole 245.00 from me, I call the store and ask for a copy of the contract they refused to give me one. I contact my bank and dispute the charges, they submit a contract saying I am responsible to return the scooter in the same way I found it.... but there was already something wrong with all the scooters. so it is then charged again to my card, I was advised by my bank, that I have to pay because I do not have a copy of my contract with them that they refused to give me both when I signed it and also when I called to get it.

so later I found out that they never went to pick it up, and the city impounded the bike and they charged me for the impound even thought the time stamp on the tow and impound paper was the next day and they were in possesion of the keys to the scooter. I did some digging into this company and they are all attached to shell companys that you can't track, only through tax revenue reports and applications, but it all go's back to a no name company, and p.o box in New york...718) 995-9100  is the cell phone to the leader of the shell companies

I contacted the chamber of commerce and city hall, the BBB and the Federal trade commission but until I can produce the original contract I am screwed,  so beware any info I can provide to take these suckers down please email me at (((ROR redacted)))   thanks and good luck

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2011 11:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Domani-Scooters-LLC/ocean-city-Maryland-21842/Domani-Scooters-LLC-Domani-Deli-Beware-Scam-Artists-ocean-city-Maryland-753659. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Domani Scooters LLC

You Must be joking!

AUTHOR: S HUNTOON - (United States of America)

the only reason why domani scooters is still in business is because they are owned and operated by foreigners and they pay no taxes and sell the business to their family's every few years. I have written one complaint in 10 years and that was my first posting about Domani Scooters. Now ask yourself why would someone such as myself waste all this time reporting this company to everyone and anyone who will listen?

maybe because everything I said about that company and what they put me through, ruined my only vacation I get in the year by not being fair.

Now you worked on their scooters huh? well then you should know where they buy them and for how much... you should also know that where and who they purchase ALL their product from is an overseas China OEM Manufacturing company. the reason they can buy each scooter for under 400.00 out the box because they are Faulty, ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO VIEW THESE FAULTY REPORTS MAY SEARCH GOOGLE ( DOMANI SCOOTERS NEW YORK LAW SUIT FOR FAULTY SCOOTER PURCHASE AND RESALE)SCROLL DOWN A FEW PAGES AND FIND WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.....

if that isn't enough I have town,county,state records on Domani Scooters LLC and Domani Kitchen. IN THE END MY FRIEND I HAVE PROOF ...........THAT MY REPORT SOUNDS A HELL OF ALOT LIKE DOMANI SCOOTERS......

Peace!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Doesn't sound like Domani

AUTHOR: MikeS - (United States of America)

I am a mechanic and used to work at Domani Scooters. I must say that some of the claims (i.e. you tried 5 bikes and none of them work) sounds a bit sketchy since I know that scooter shops (including Domani) know which of their bikes are need of maintainance and would not be put out for rent, they also have an enormous fleet of bikes and it doesn't sound realistic that they would bounce a customer around 5 bikes.

Also if you were stuck for some reason (I.e you ran out of gas, or the stalled) there is a number on the tag and normally they would have someone sent down there to start you back up. However, if you were careless and just abandoned the bike for whatever reason, then you can't blame the shop for charging you the impound fees.

About getting the contract, I'm not sure why they didn't give it to you, maybe they were irate with the way you handled the situation. Either way the contracts at any scooter shop are designed to protect the shop and enforce any financial liabilities incurred by the customer during the rental period, so having the contract probably wouldn't have done much for you.

I've worked for several scooter shops across Ocean City (freelance and full time) and I can honestly say that Domani is one of the more hospitable and professional shops in town. Customers have to realize that if they're negligent or reckless with the bikes they're going to be responsible for it.