Complaint Review: Donald Odell

Donald Odell Sold me two nonexistent passes to Lollapalooza Chicago Illinois

*Author of original report: Another Donald Odell Victim

*Consumer Comment: Trying to Consolidate Efforts to Find ODell

*Consumer Suggestion: Power in numbers

This man (Donal Odell) told me he had two passes for Lollapalooza available to sell to me. After talking to him on the phone for over 30 minutes, where he proceeded to tell me he had never used Craigslist before and someone at work had told him to use it to sell his unwanted tickets, he "agreed" to sell me the tickets.

He insisted on me wiring him the money instead of using PayPal (because he claimed he didn't know how to use it). After I agreed to buy them from him in May, he would text me periodically to stay in touch. He texted me July 10th saying he didn't have the passes yet, but should have them by the 15th. I texted him on the 16th about them and he told me he was out of town on business, but his wife could mail them.

After still not receiving them, I called him and left messages on Friday the 18th, Saturday the 19th, and Sunday the 20th. He finally texted me back Sunday night saying he was dealing with family matters and that was why he had been slow with responding. He agreed to meet me in Chicago on Wednesday after my flight landed (coming from LA).

Have not heard from him since then, after calling, texting, and emailing him constantly.

I was completely scammed by this man and want to make sure no one else has to go through what I did. I have since heard he scammed dozens of other people the same way he did me and hope that the authorities are able to get ahold of this man.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2014 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Donald-Odell/internet/Donald-Odell-Sold-me-two-nonexistent-passes-to-Lollapalooza-Chicago-Illinois-1166902. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Donald Odell

Another Donald Odell Victim

AUTHOR: Kelly - ()

My original report is titled "Donald Odell Sold Me Two Nonexistent passes to Lollapalooza" if anyone cares to know my personal story with this guy. He sent me a photo ID, but I had my phone stolen not long after so I do not have it saved anywhere. The phone number he contaced me from was (312) 402-7464. Not only did I give him $550 for two tickets, I paid over $700 in airfare because I believed he would give them to me, which I think is also a crime he could be charged with.

I will keep checking back on this thread for info as to whom I should contact for us to file a single police report.

Trying to Consolidate Efforts to Find ODell

AUTHOR: Linda - ()

Pls look at other posts on ODell, "Donald Odell LOLLAPALOZZA Scammer on Craigslist Chicago Illinois."

My son and I trying to file ONE report with Chicago Police regarding ODell. Please add your information to the above post?

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Power in numbers

AUTHOR: Ticked off Vic - ()

Fellow victim,

Have you contacted other victims? If not, yiu need to. There's been great progress within the group. See other rip off report threads to access contact info if you haven't already, or you can respond to the Craigslist Chicago donald odell is a scam artist ads to reach Other victims.

Another ticked off victim