Complaint Review: Dress Braw

• Reported By: Shaimayn — Boynton Beach Florida United States of America
Dress Braw

Dress Braw No Product/Paid in Full/No Refund/SCAM Internet

*Author of original report: Lesson Learned

*Consumer Comment: Didn't you notice the payment methods allowed on the site?

I placed on order for a wedding dress from this company, and mistakingly didn't notice it was a foreign company or I wouldn't have!!
I paid $50.00 for expedited shipping just to make sure it would arrive in time. However, after the date past that it was to have arrived, I contacted Dress Braw and was informed that they had just started making the dress.
Obviously I was now in a panic and outraged because I knew it wouldn't make it in time for my Wedding day. I told DressBraw that I specifically ordered this dress because it stated it was "in stock".
Dress Braw stated that this statement didn't mean ready to ship immediately, but ready to start sewing on.
I stated that this made no sense at all!
Long story short, my dress never made it for my wedding which was this past friday, April 20, 2012, I had to go find a replacement. To date the dress has still not arrived and Dress Braw is refusing to refund my money I had already paid in full! I am now forced to dispute this with my credit card company.
I've learned a HUGE lesson. None-the-less, I shouldn't pay for something I don't have and didn't receive in time!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2012 10:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dress-Braw/internet/Dress-Braw-No-ProductPaid-in-FullNo-RefundSCAM-Internet-875510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dress Braw

Lesson Learned

AUTHOR: Shaimayn - (United States of America)

Thank you for your comments, MovingForward. I actually paid with my cc that I have through Pay Pal and that's what I meant regarding the cc dispute.  Paypal has been great and has already been able to refund the veil I ordered, it's the dress that Dress Braw is fighting me over!
I never order online and honestly didn't know what to look for. I've learned a lesson. ;-)

Didn't you notice the payment methods allowed on the site?

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (USA)

I have to say that the website looks like a scammer type site just at first glance. Looking at the placement of the dollar sign after the numerals clearly indicates someone not familiar with the English language. Then when you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is another huge red flag: there are only 4 payment methods:  1) Coupon 2) Paypal 3) Bank Transfer and 4) Western Union.  Have you ever seen those payment methods with a legitimate site?  No, I haven't either.

By the way, you mention you paid by credit card and the site says it doesn't accept credit cards. How did you actually pay? If the site changed the method of payment accepted after your order, then see if you can cancel the payment through your credit card.

Just because the website offers something for a very cheap price, it doesn't mean its legitimate. I'm sorry you lost your money. But I don't think you will ever see the dress or the money again. Take this as a lesson to stay away from those that offer something that sounds too good to be true. Don't send your money out to just anyone because they ask for it.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC