Complaint Review: Dri-Rite Carpet & Upholstery

• Updated: Wed, October 03, 2012

• Reported By: bluesuit — Skiatook Oklahoma United States of America
Dri-Rite Carpet & Upholstery
209 East Second Ave, Suite 3 Owasso, Oklahoma United States of America

Dri-Rite Carpet & Upholstery Kathy Jones Owner and husband Anthony (Tony) Jones, Manager Dirty,Sloppy, Black Mud Hole Owasso, Oklahoma

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Clear Consience

Kathy Jones came to the house to bid on a carpet cleaning job.  She asked if there was anything else needing done and I said that the deck, pool & dead trees needed removal.  She called Anthony (Tony) Jones, (her husband) and he came over and bid the job at $2,700.00 and said that when he was finished it would look like the deck and pool was never there.

I told the owner and he said, OK. Tony's crew went to work with the 1st dumpster being delivered on 6/27/12, 2nd one delivered on 6/28/12 and it was picked up 7/9/2012.  Tony said he had to use three dumpsters to get the job done.  Not So.

Tony then came to my office saying that he needed $3,700.00 so he could pay his crew as it was Friday.  I paid him believing that the job was done.  (extra $1,000.00 was for other tree removal).

When I left my office, I went to the house and there was this mess, trash, plastic bottles and big black hole. [continued below]....
.....  When I got home, I called Tony who said he was going back Monday to finish the job.  Monday night I went over and it was the same as before, I call Tony and we got into speech fight. He then said he needed another $1,500.00 to finish the job.  He never went back, and I had to hire someone else to finish the mess he left

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2012 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dri-Rite-Carpet-Upholstery/Owasso-Oklahoma-74055/Dri-Rite-Carpet-Upholstery-Kathy-Jones-Owner-and-husband-Anthony-Tony-Jones-Manager-D-950175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dri-Rite Carpet & Upholstery

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Clear Consience

AUTHOR: Kathy - ()

We were contracted by Mr. Lawson to do work at one of his customers homes he was putting up for sale. Part way through the job, Mr Lawson added some additional work to do done. All work that was agreed upon was completed by us for the agreed upon price.

I believe what happened was that Mr Lawson, being the middleman, got himself caught in a switch with the owner. He wanted the hole where the pool was removed filled in and leveled. This was never part of the original contract. We  quoted an additional $1500.00 for this additional work, which Mr. Lawson denied.

The verbal confrontation between Mr Lawson and Anthony Jones occured after Mr Lawson told me to "stick it up my a*s." As my husband Anthony confronted Mr Lawson on the phone about his comment to me. I regret any disconfort this incident has caused anyone,but I have a clear consience on our part that we fulfilled all of our obligations.