Complaint Review: Drive Time

• Updated: Wed, January 09, 2013

• Reported By: brucem101 — taylorsville Georgia USA
Drive Time
Union City, Georgia United States of America

Drive Time DO NOT FILL OUT DRIVE TIME PAPERWORK, ONLINE OR OTHERWISE! PERSONAL INFO SOLD! Union City, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: You say drivetime sells your personal information do they also sell your Social Security number I would think that's against the law

I filled out the Drive Time online pre-approval form from the Drive Time website. Within 2 days I recieved an email from them saying I had been approved for a car loan with a $500 down payment...I also recieved a call from a sales person there confirming the same and inviting me to go online to look at the inventory and choose which car I wanted. From that day forward I began to recieve calls from all over the country from loan offices, car dealerships, finance companies, auto insurance companies, title pawn companies, ect. trying to sell me a car or give me a loan for the same. Come to find out, the online application does not even go to the local dealership but to a processing center in Phoenix, where it is sold to numerous companies to solicit you! We are talking detailed info like ss#, address, phone #'s, banking info, job info, salary....everything you fill out is all over the country in minutes! I would recieve calls on my cell and home phone as late as 8:30! (Because stupid sales people on the west coast have no clue that when it is 5:00 there it is 8:00 at night on the east coast, and they just want to sell)

But finally, to cap it off, all the info you give them online means nothing-when I went to the dealership to look at a truck, you have to fill out all that paperwork AGAIN 'cause the local dealership is not linked up to the processing place in Phoenix, so I did. [continued below]....
........and the $500 down payment I was approved for did not exist, I was then told I qualified for an auto loan for as little as $2000! While I was ranting about it all, there was another customer there screaming about the same thing! And the truck I had picked out was a 2003 Ford F150 with 117,000 miles and they asked $16 3000 (cash price, not financed) and it had a Blue Book value of only $6900. If financed through them on a 3 year loan, that truck would cost me just over $20,000 when it was paid off!
 People, PLEASE do not buy a car/truck from this company, and do not fill out any paper work for them. You will be sorry!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2013 07:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drive-Time/Union-City-Georgia-/Drive-Time-DO-NOT-FILL-OUT-DRIVE-TIME-PAPERWORK-ONLINE-OR-OTHERWISE-PERSONAL-INFO-SOLD-993801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drive Time

AUTHOR: Auto dealer fraud Investigator - ()

If whatnote ghat you say Drive Time sells your personal information is true, I believe that is against the law you should contact your attorney general of the state in which you live in.  I know for fact that a lot of auto listing sites that host auto dealerships inventory have access to the customers personal and private information including your Social Security number,  then to beat all, they sell that data to other companies.

Don't get your financing at the dealership because of all of these auto listing sites have access to your personal information in the dealerships computers. Personal information such as where you live where you work how much money and your Social Security number.  I believe if you buy a car dealership and you allow the dealership to get you financing to my friend a check up from the neck up.

Word to your mother.