Complaint Review: Ebates

• Submitted: Thu, March 28, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, March 30, 2013

• Reported By: Ashley — Schaumburg Illinois
Ebates

Ebates Ebates did not want to give me cash back when I purchased off the website because I did not use a coupon off their website. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Using outside coupons while using Ebates.com

Ebates did not want to give me cash back when I purchased off the website because I did not use a coupon off their website. The costumer service representative told me "When a purchase is made using a discount not listed on Ebates, many of our merchants will not credit cash back to us. Therefore, we do not have cash back to pass on to you" so basically if they don't make any money off of you, you can't get the cash back? What kind of company is this? I shopped on the website clicked the link to the store and because I used a coupon for my BIRTHDAY may I add that the company had emailed me because I get updates from them I can't get cash back? Horrible service just horrible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2013 10:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ebates/internet/Ebates-Ebates-did-not-want-to-give-me-cash-back-when-I-purchased-off-the-website-because-1038962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ebates

Using outside coupons while using Ebates.com

AUTHOR: Dylan - ()

Ebates is a great shopping program that allows our members to earn Cash Back while shopping on-line.  There are a few guidelines.   For example, if you use coupon codes found elsewhere on the web, it will like cause Ebates to not earn credit for your order.  It appears that this is what happened during your order.  We are careful to publish this information on our website.

If you would like to communicate with me directly about this, I can be reached at this address that we use to help customers on our Facebook wall and on forums like this: facebookhelp at ebates.com

I may be able to find some room for compromise in this case.

Sincerely,