Complaint Review: Eckley and associates

• Submitted: Wed, August 15, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, August 15, 2012

• Reported By: Luz — Phoenix United States of America
Eckley and associates
3602 East camopbell Avenue phoenix 85018 Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Eckley and associates J. Robert Eckley Eckley and Associates are sharks and incompetent Phoenix, Arizona

When I first came to their office ,Robert Eckley said that my case was easy to win because I took pictures and I properly documented everything in my case . I wanted to sue my landlord for negligence and inattention to the big sewer backup we experienced in a house we were renting. He said" They are toast". I paid the retainer deposit they requested but they assigned a less experienced lawyer to my case. The landlord gave us an offer but the offer was just the return of the deposit and they did not want to reimburse us with the hotel and lodging expenses we incurred for a month of being displaced. This younger, inexperienced lawyer wrote me a long narrative discouraging me on filing a lawsuit. He said he will negotiate. We disagreed on everything and he got stuck with the star rating of the hotel which I purchased from Priceline paying a 2 star cost for a 4 star cost. I told him the star rating is immaterial right then and to just go and give them a counter offer. Before we could finish our counter offer, the  law firm slapped with  an additional $4,000 on top of the $2,000 I already paid them. He said that the settlement we may get may be less than what I may have to pay them. That does not make sense. We hired a lawyer to get reimbursement and see some kind of justice. Why would I go ahead with something where I will end up spending more money on their legal fees than the money I will get back? And to top it all, this young attorney said that if I am not happy with a counter offer,then we could file a lawsuit which would cost me anywhere from $50,000 to $100,000 and that they needed the $10,000 before they file. This $10,000  is on top of the $2,000 I paid and the additional $4,000 they wanted just by arguing about the star rating and small petty things we could not agree on. This is a delaying tactic and they did it to run charges like a taxi meter. I wanted $20,000 reimbursed for our expenses which are supported with documents and receipts but he said he could not do guarantee it and made me lose my confidence in getting us what we deserve . The younger lawyer was inexperienced and is unbecoming of a professional. I am a professional myself and I will file a complaint with the Bar.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2012 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eckley-and-associates/Phoenix-Arizona-85018/Eckley-and-associates-J-Robert-Eckley-Eckley-and-Associates-are-sharks-and-incompetent-Ph-927610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eckley and associates