Complaint Review: Egumball

• Submitted: Tue, January 31, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, January 31, 2012

• Reported By: bbelldina — Martinsburg, WV West Virginia United States of America
Egumball
8687 Research Drive Suite 200 Irvine, California United States of America

Egumball Will Not Honor Do Not Call Registry - continues to call Irvine, California

I have repeatedly informed this "company" that my home number is on the Do Not Call Registry and that my father has a heart monitor on the line.  Furthermore, he is 87 years old and not very mobile, so when he is home alone, he tries to get a walker to get to the telephone thinking that it is an emergency.  This "company" continues to harass our household by continuing to call.  When  I told the man this morning that this number is NOT a business and that I was tired of reporting him to various authorities, he responded "Have a good time with that".

That is an inappropriate and unprofessional response to someone whose telepone line services a disabled person's needs and is a source of emergency communication.

I would like a lawyer or the Attorney General to contact us so we can sue or put this company out of business.  I have the appropriate documentation to show how many years we have had this number, my father's age and disability and the times we have told them Not to call.

This company should not be used by anyone who has concerns for the elderly or disabled.  Their marketing is now harassment and they obviously do not use creditable resources to form their marketing strategies.

I would hope that consumers will NOT use or purchase from any company that uses their services.

My father has a right to enjoy the peace and tranquility of his home as a WWII veteran and not be put in danger trying to get to a telephone to listen to some young salesman who is trying to make a dime no matter how they do it.   If my father falls or is seriously injured during one of their calls, then they will be liable.

I also notice they are blocking their number but it is easily obtained.   I have kept an ongoing record of their calls.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2012 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Egumball/Irvine-California-92618/Egumball-Will-Not-Honor-Do-Not-Call-Registry-continues-to-call-Irvine-California-831726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Egumball