Complaint Review: Events and Adventures MD/DC/VA

• Updated: Thu, March 15, 2012

• Reported By: bluebird — Annapolis Maryland United States of America
Events and Adventures MD/DC/VA
8500 Leesburg Pike Vienna, Virginia United States of America

Events and Adventures MD/DC/VA 8500 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA Reports to collection, ignores BBB Vienna, Virginia

Joined to get to know people in area

The fee was $2000, said I would pay the monthly fee for the events $30 in advance, they refused, they said you could suspend membership anytime.  I suspended, they said I still needed to pay the fee, I had already paid them $2000!!!

I went on three events, paid my way each time, what was the fee for??? I went to some of the places later, they did not give us a group rate?

Went to the mixer, no people my age there, all were in their thirties, and a handful of people older, when they said it was a mix.  Also, mostly women.

I asked them if I was in a relationship, since it was only for singles, they said I could "just lie and you can still come to events anyway"

Okay, so I am a fool for doing it anyway, right?  So I report to better business bureau, and say I don't even care if I get my money back from the "membership" but I would no pay any monthly fees for things I was not participating in.  I said since I went to a total of three events, that was like a $700 plus charge, and I would leave it at that, no refund, just stop the monthly fees.

They totally ignore the better business bureau, and have a law office in pennsylvania send me a collection notice.  Really?? I am about to mail this off to both the State Attorney's office in Virginia and Pennsylvania.  I know Maryland has some serious consumer protection, probably why they run out of Virginia!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2012 07:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Events-and-Adventures-MDDCVA/Vienna-Virginia-/Events-and-Adventures-MDDCVA-8500-Leesburg-Pike-Vienna-VA-Reports-to-collection-igno-854166. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Events and Adventures MD/DC/VA