Complaint Review: Ever Drive

• Submitted: Mon, December 13, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, December 13, 2010

• Reported By: Mallorie — junior West Virginia United States of America
Ever Drive

Ever Drive Put a deposit down on a transmisson and they went out of businness!!!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Bankrupt?

I put a $200 deposit down for a transmisson for a ford focus. Since they let you do a payment plan this was great for my family. I found out through a friend that they had went out of business. Now i dont have my transmission or my money back.  I also bought a motor off of them summer 09 and have a 3 year warranty on that. So now what happens? I want my money back and my warranty to be valid since i paid for it all!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2010 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ever-Drive/internet/Ever-Drive-Put-a-deposit-down-on-a-transmisson-and-they-went-out-of-businness-Intern-671027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ever Drive

Bankrupt?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

If the place went bankrupt, you can contact the bankruptcy court and have yourself added to the list of unsecured creditors.  For $200 it would probably not be worth it.  Chances are that you'd get back a few pennies on the dollar, if anything at all.   That's one of the chances you take when you give a deposit to a business.  If they go bankrupt while holding your money, chances are that you'll never see it again.

"I also bought a motor off of them summer 09 and have a 3 year warranty on that. So now what happens?"

That goes away too.  A warranty is only as good as the company that stands behind it.   I know how you feel.  I spent $20K on a specialty engine from a well known manufacturer and they went bankrupt 2 yrs. into my 5 yr. warranty.  Ouch!