Complaint Review: EverDry of Northern Indiana

• Updated: Wed, December 07, 2011

• Reported By: Patrick — fort wayne Indiana United States of America
EverDry of Northern Indiana
5417 US Highway 930 east fort Wayne, Indiana United States of America

EverDry of Northern Indiana Oribello Enterprises LLC Not a Very Honest Company fort Wayne, Indiana

*Consumer Comment: Problem Solved!

*Author of original report: Revision to My Previous Statements

*Consumer Comment: Everdry and others who install inside systems

*Author of original report: This Ramjet guy

*Consumer Comment: Another quick observation

*Consumer Comment: Certainly unfortunate

*General Comment: Everdry of Michiana huh

*Consumer Comment: A different experience with Everdry

*General Comment: Everdry and other 'inside system' companies

Our experience with Everdry started back in late July when a door to door salesperson came to our house wondering if we wanted someone to inspect our foundation for free with no strings attached. This guy, Stuart Mutzfeld, came out and inspected our foundation then proceeded to hard sell us for 4 hrs. on their line of waterproofing product. I did not have a job at the time and we were not sure if we would be able to afford there services, so we asked for some time to think about it. They had a form that they told us would hold the price they offered us but would not bind us to any services for 3 days. 2 days later we decided we did not want the service and declined it. Stuart came back to our house under the guise of needing to be there in person to cancel the deal and when he showed up he had another salesperson, Mike, with him and they proceeded to hard sell us again. Again we thought about it for a day and called the next day and declined the service. We thought this was the end of it. A couple of months later a sales man called from Everdry to try to get us to commit but I declined and told him we did not feel comfortable with there hard selling tactics, he did not even mention they still had us on some list to have the work done. Time passed again and in December they called us to tell us it was time to do the work, a little annoyed by this time we told them to please stop calling us and take us off any list they may have. A few days later we got a bill for $3,795 for services and/or supplies that never happened and we didn't want. I went in to talk to them and all they had to say were lies about what was said and the verbal deal their salesman offered us. They prey on your fears and scare you into contracts that, even if they are legal, are not moral the way they handle the sales. If they come to your door do not let them in and by all means do not sign anything, even if they say it is safe and unbinding.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2009 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EverDry-of-Northern-Indiana/fort-Wayne-Indiana-46803/EverDry-of-Northern-Indiana-Oribello-Enterprises-LLC-Not-a-Very-Honest-Company-fort-Wayne-541123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EverDry of Northern Indiana

Problem Solved!

AUTHOR: concerned_mom - (United States of America)

Being a fan of Everdry myself, I feel the need to point out comment #8.

Revision to My Previous Statements

AUTHOR: Patrick - (USA)

After talks with the company, we realize that there was just a big misunderstanding. The Everdry company of northern Indiana has been willing to work with us to resolve this issue. I hope to find a way to remove this report, if anyone knows of a way to do it let me know, but until then, I hope this note serves as a revision to the original statements. Everdry is a reputable company and can be trusted to take care of its clients

-Patrick

Everdry and others who install inside systems

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

Try and inform you/whoever again,Inside systems companies do not competently & honestly 'identifty-diagnose' homeowners actual-existing-problem(s),no they do not. I should know,been waterproofing basements for 30 years and have pretty much seen it all.These companies do not bother to first identify just about all homeowners true problems NOR do the fix/repair them. Here`s another true story for ya,how many would you like.And Grand Rapids is NO different,they have the same process,same misrepresentations,false claims etc.

http://www.indiananewscenter.com/news/local/83022467.html  Unfair Business Practices? You bet!

2 Families in this story eh, watch... first homeowner out of work,has wet basement. Salesperson is there about 4 hours! Gee,was he hungry,maybe thought he`d get a free dinner? Ok so homeowners wakes up,CANCELS job.Yet...bozo`s big top waterproofing still sends him a $4,000 bill. 2nd homeowner,younger couple,bought house that Everdry worked on 12 years ago with one of those wonderful-supposed Lifetime Warranties...not.They called because of water and crumbling walls,if you can`t follow/figure out the incompetent,fraudulent 'GAME' most of these Inside system companies play on people then that`s your problem and own incompetence.

This Ramjet guy

AUTHOR: Patrick - (United States of America)

I think it's funny how "ramjet" from somewhere USA seems to be doing damage control on a lot of these review sites. I think it is even more convenient that he seems to be the only one doing it anonymously, then laughs at the notion that he could be associated with the company... of course he is.

Another quick observation

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

I also noticed that you referred to Everdry of Michianna.  If you'll notice, I referred to Everdry of Michigan.  They are based in Grand Rapids.

Certainly unfortunate

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

The incident referenced was certainly an unfortunate screw up. No one would argue that.

Actually here is a quote from the same article you referenced.

"The BBB processed a total of 15 complaints about the company in 36 months. Of the 15 complaints, the BBB reported nine had been resolved; 4 were unresolved."

4 were unresolved and we don't even know what they were. Could have been billing issues who knows.  Out of thousands of basement jobs this a pretty good record .

Anyway none of this alters the fact that our experience is excellet and I would recommend them (and have) in a heart beat.

#7 General Comment

Everdry of Michiana huh

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

Check for yourself,they have at least 48 homeowners complaints just within the last 36 months,here`s one of them   http://www.wwmt.com/news/edwards-25979-house-basement.html   $15,000,wall collapses,very incompetent

A different experience with Everdry

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

It appears that different Everdry locations are completely different from each other.  We had Everdry in Michigan install their system in our basement about 15 years ago.  It was the best thing we ever did to our house.  Our basement was always wet or many times had standing water in it and was useless to us.  It now is my woodshop and office, no more water.  No hard sell, quickly and competently installed and have guaranteed it ever since for $40 per year.  We've called a few times when a pump went out or something and someone was out the same day.

The system cost a lot more than $3,700.00 though.

I just didn't want all locations to be painted with the same brush as the one you are struggling with.  I'd be angry too in your situation.

Of course now I will be a accused of being an Everdry employee LOL

#9 General Comment

Everdry and other 'inside system' companies

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

Yes,Everdry and 'many' others in this trade are indeed incompetent and-or fraudulent,claim misleading and false information on websites and in person,obscure material facts etc. The Attornet General in Indiana either tried or did shut down 2 Everdry locations,google it.