Complaint Review: Exhibit Transfer, inc.

• Submitted: Wed, February 12, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, February 12, 2014

• Reported By: Hung Up On — San Diego California
Exhibit Transfer, inc.
16009 Executive Drive Crest Hill, Illinois USA

Exhibit Transfer, inc. Hidden Double Charges and Hung Up the Phone on me Crest Hill Illinois

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Hidden Charges

I just shipped with Exhibit Transfer inc to a show. I asked if their shipping charge would get my materials to the booth. They said yes, that my material would be shipped directly to the booth. The cost of ETI shipping was $250, and then Freeman charged me $200 to take my materials from the loading dock to my booth. I specifically asked if ETIs’ charge would get my materials to my booth and that is why I used them. So shipping was $450. When I called ETI after the show to ask them about this, they apologized that I misunderstood. It was my fault of course. Then the customer service agent hung up the phone on me. Use FedEx or UPS, the charge would have been $100. Do not use ETI, they have hidden charges, and do not tell you the entire story. If they are such experts in their industry they should be upfront about all charges that will be incurred.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2014 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Exhibit-Transfer-inc/Crest-Hill-Illinois-60403/Exhibit-Transfer-inc-Hidden-Double-Charges-and-Hung-Up-the-Phone-on-me-Crest-Hill-Illin-1123145. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Exhibit Transfer, inc.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Hidden Charges

AUTHOR: Paul - ()

In regards to your claim of hidden charges;

You have obviously never attended a Tradeshow before.  All you have to do is read your Exhibit manual and you will see that there is no way to avoid drayage from the decorator.  Only union decorators are allowed on the show floor.  Inside every exhibit manual or exhibitors kit, there is an entire section on Material handling, or drayage.

Material handling is charged by the decorator of every show,  This charge is for offloading your materials at the dock and for moving your materials to your booth, wherever it may be located on the floor plan.  All transportation companies deliver only to the dock.  They are not allowed to provide inside deliveries or white glove service inside the Convention Center.  This is common knowledge in the industry.

All ETi employee's are aware of this as we specialize in Tradeshow material.  You may have heard what you wanted to hear or hoped to hear, but the fact of the matter is that these charges are very straight forward.  The Decorator, whom is hired by the show's association, handles all matters inside the Convention Center.  This includes drayage, labor, electrical, etc.

I am sorry that you misunderstood our service.  Eti provides dock to dock transportation service.  We have no control over what the decorator may charge you for Material Handling.  I would suggest that next time you exhibit in a Tradeshow, you read the "Exhibitors Manual" provided by the show.  That is the reaosn they provide them, so you are not blind sided by charges.