Complaint Review: Extra Money Zone

• Updated: Tue, January 03, 2012

• Reported By: Unhappy in Indiana — Danville Indiana United States of America
Extra Money Zone
40 E Main Street, Suite 600 Newatrk, Delaware United States of America

Extra Money Zone I was called by an individual about becoming a "secret shopper" in my area. Said $2.95 was all I had to pay to be placed on their secret shopper lists and that I would have a tutorial. Nothing was eve Newatrk, Delaware

I was contacted by an individual over the telephone who said I could become a secret shopper in my area and earn extra money. She said for $2.95 I would be placed on their list, and I could see what department stores, etc are advertising for a secret shopper.

There was never any mentions of a trial period or that $49.95 would be charged also. I specifically asked (and the lady told me I was being recorded), if $2.95 was all I would be charged. When she was going thru all the other stuff (she talked really fast) she mentioned $49.95. I said "whoa, where is this $49.95 coming from?" She said it was a website where I could earn even more money. I said I don't want that. I just want the list of stores for secret shoppers. I specifically told her I didn't want any other charge but $2.95. She kept pressuring me. I finally asked her "would you spend $50 on a so called website?" She stammered and mumbled. I should have cancelled there, but she assured me $2.95 was all I would be charged.

Today, my husband goes into our bank. $49.95 has been charged. The bank gave me their telephone number. They absolutely REFUSED to refund. I was hung up on the first time. I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor. They said I agreed to the charge. I said I absolutely did not, and the rep who took the order said we were being recorded. I told them I wanted someone to listen to that conversation and that I had her name and extension and the time and date. They said they have a third party verifier and it was verified that I agreed. I asked for the third parties name and telephone number. They hung up on me.

I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor. I asked for his name Zach at ext 0150. I asked for their address (because I was contacting my Attorney General's office). The address is 40 E Main Street, Suite 600, Newark, Delaware. If that really is address!

I don't trust these people. They lie, and they cheat. I told them if I had $50.00 I wouldn't be looking for a way to earn extra money and they bounced my account. I never got an individual that spoke very good English. When I asked him if HE was located in Delaware he wouldn't answer me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2012 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Extra-Money-Zone/Newatrk-Delaware-/Extra-Money-Zone-I-was-called-by-an-individual-about-becoming-a-secret-shopper-in-my-ar-817456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Extra Money Zone