Complaint Review: FINA gas station

• Updated: Fri, February 04, 2011

• Reported By: Mark — Lampasas Texas United States of America
FINA gas station
Hwy 183 Key Avenue Lampasas, Texas United States of America

FINA gas station 7-11 I purchased a money order from this Fina station on 1/31/11 and later found out it was the wrong amount. I tried to purchase a new money order today 2/4/11 for a larger amount using the money order I Lampasas, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Easy Fix

I purchased a money order on 1/31/11 for $86 which I later found out was not enough. Today, 2/4/11 I tried to purchase a money order for $97 using the smaller money order as a partial payment. An inexperienced cashier allowed me to do this using the $86 money order as a cash payment towards the larger amount. A different clerk was sent after me to retrieve the new money order as directed by her store manager. The second cashier was the person who sold me the first MO.

I returned to the store to see what the problem was only to be told that Fina, according to the store manager, would not accept a money order as payment for anything even if it was purchased from their store. This tells me that this Co. does not even trust their providers of money orders that they won't accept their own. My actual question is, can a provider of a money order legally refuse to cash or accept as payment their own money orders as the manager of this FINA gas stationed claimed.

PS I have spent the last 2 hours trying to find a usable phone number or web address to file a complaint with FINA against this store manager.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2011 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FINA-gas-station/Lampasas-Texas-76550/FINA-gas-station-7-11-I-purchased-a-money-order-from-this-Fina-station-on-13111-and-lat-690960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FINA gas station

Easy Fix

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Buy a second money order for $11.

Holy