- Report: #900466
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: FTC.GOV
FTC.GOVInternet United States of America
FTC.GOV Federal Trade Commission Allowing 3 different credit reporting agencies to all have different information and scores Internet
*Consumer Comment: The different point of view
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I feel our credit report and credit score system needs to be regulated and controlled, and currently it is not.
We currently have three credit reporting agencies that have copies of our reports and scores. TransUntion, Experian and Equifax.
I run my report once for free each year. I only get my report and not my score. It cost me money to get my score. Why is this service not 100% free?
I never have the same data on all 3 report. Some reports have the same accounts, but different amounts of what has been paid, owed and different dates. Sometimes one account is reported on one agency but not the other. Sometimes one account has been sold or transferred multiple times to different debt collectors and this one account is on your report multiple times. I once had 3 different companies all trying to collect the same debt, they all 3 had different amounts I owed them.
We need regulations in place to prevent this mess, and our government (ftc) is not doing anything to help.
There needs to be an extremely factual system in place that prevents incorrect and fraudulent credit reporting. There should be no way that one account should ever have different data across 3 different agencies. There should never be one account that has 3 different companies all claiming they own your account and they all 3 want different sums of money.
I demand regulation. I demand ONE credit report with ONE credit score, that is 100% free to view at ANY time. Just just free to "view" ONE time a year with a requirement to PAY to see your SCORE.
I also demand that job employment should NEVER be able to run a credit report on you to see if you are eligible for a job. There are too many variances in our report/score at the moment that can make your report/score POOR, thus making you unable to get a job.
Incorrect and Fraudulent reports can mess up your score and prevent you from getting approved to own a car, or own a house.. even get a job.
A few issues I am currently dealing with at the moment are outlined below this line.
1. An incorrect social security number was tied to my credit report, without my consent or knowledge, and debt that was not mine was affecting my report and score. How the f*** should this ever be allowed to happen?
2. Accounts that were already paid off are still showing on my report.
3. By law, debt that is over 7 years old from the date of the last payment is not allowed to be reported. I currently have companies that keep adding fake payments to keep the debt going. How the (((REDACTED FOUL LANGUAGE))) can this HAPPEN!?
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2012 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FTCGOV/internet/FTCGOV-Federal-Trade-Commission-Allowing-3-different-credit-reporting-agencies-to-all-hav-900466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.