- Report: #951750
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Family Heritage Life Insurance Company of America
Family Heritage Life Insurance Company of America6001 East Royalton Road Cleveland, Ohio United States of America
Family Heritage Life Insurance Company of America Total scam both for the policy holder and the potential employee. Stay away! Cleveland, Ohio
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
The only people who are really making money are the CEO, Howard Lewis, and his slimy entourage of upper management. You are merely a slave, given no base salary, no benefits whatsoever, who is encouraged to work from 10am to 9pm, Monday through Saturday to fatten the wallets of your managers while they are out brainwashing more potential sales reps. Why? Because the turnover for this legal pyramid scheme is through the roof they cant hire people fast enough to replace all of the turnover (which is probably in the 60-75% range. Seriously).
Why this is an awful insurance policy to own:
1) It is overpriced compared to Aflac and other policies available through your employer.
2) They target people in lower-class neighborhoods, many of which dont own a major medical policy. They are conned into thinking that at least they have some coverage. In reality, they do not they are only covered if their family deals with cancer, heart disease, or accidents. And poorly covered, at that the reimbursements hardly cover the money you pay in premium.
3) The customer service is awful and they, like any other insurance company, will do their best to avoid paying claims whenever possible.
4) If it was so great, wouldnt you have called them? They just showed up at your doorstep to sell this thing to you. Doesnt that sound a bit strange?
Why this is an awful insurance company to work for:
1) Door to door. Residential.
2) They place you in lower-class neighborhoods, encouraging you to work from 10am to 9pm at night. Most of these areas are unsafe after dark.
3) No base salary. No benefits. Nothing. You pay your own gas, your own hotel costs, your own airfare to company functions, even the parties that are held at company functions those go right on your tab! What a joke!
4) 100% Commission-based. And the commission is entirely arbitrary they assign your contract percentage based on how badly they want you to work for them. The directors/managers are on 80% or higher contracts. They give their slave labor contracts ranging from 30-70% of the premium amount. That means, in most cases, your manager makes MORE money than you do on YOUR sales!
5) They dont care if you quit if you quit, your manager still gets paid on your policy for the time that policy stays on the books.
6) \Policy retention these policies, much like the salesforce, have an incredibly high turnover.
Policies are cancelled at a ridiculous clip somewhere in the 25-30% range. If not higher.
In summation, you are out of your mind if you are ever convinced that this is a good company to work for or buy a policy from. The polices are terrible, the salesforce is a bunch of kool-aid drinking half-wits who are merely slaves to their manager, who kicks back and makes the majority of the money while you sweat your tail off, selling this crap door to door. Buyer beware. Employee beware. You have been warned.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2012 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Family-Heritage-Life-Insurance-Company-of-America/Cleveland-Ohio-44147/Family-Heritage-Life-Insurance-Company-of-America-Total-scam-both-for-the-policy-holder-a-951750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.