Complaint Review: Familylink.com

• Updated: Tue, March 06, 2012

• Reported By: harold — Gorey Internet Ireland
Familylink.com
FamilyLink 4778 N 300 W Suite 230 Provo, Utah United States of America

Familylink.com MyHeritage.com 3 Day free trial to get your card details Provo Utah

*Author of original report: refund

Offered three day free access to genealogy site but had to give debit card numbers. As I thought this was a well known legitimate site I did give my numbers. On the third day I cancelled via an internal email to international cancellations but they took 46.25 ($50) from my account two days later .
 I have sent four emails but have not had a reply to one, I am being ignored.
 I rang their international cancellation number and was kept on hold for twenty minutes and then a message said to leave my name and number and some one would get back to me, that was two days ago, I'm still waiting.
I have cancelled my debit card as I am worried that further amounts will be taken from my account.
This has been an expensive lesson as I am not looking forward to my phone bill as well as losing my
money.

It certainly proves that there is very little free in life.
I would not feel so bad if they ,at least, acknowledge my emails.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2012 05:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Familylinkcom/Provo-Utah-/Familylinkcom-MyHeritagecom-3-Day-free-trial-to-get-your-card-details-Provo-Utah-846931. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Familylink.com

refund

AUTHOR: harold - (Ireland)

Thank you for you help. I have now received a refund into my account. There has been no explanation as to what may have gone wrong, I am disappointed with MyHeritage as I feel it it is a good company and there must have been a blip in the system.

Thank you again.