Complaint Review: Fang Media LLC

• Submitted: Sat, April 06, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, April 06, 2013

• Reported By: Elaine — Sabin Minnesota
Fang Media LLC

Fang Media LLC Fang Media LLC 877 7173330 I went out to the internet to download a book. It said I needed to register and enter my credit card number, but it wouldn't charge me unless I wanted to purchase something. Internet

I went to the library to borrow a book. I found out they also checked out digital books read by a narrator that you could listen to on your phone. I tried downloading the book I had chosen. I was having problems, so I tried a different website from my phone to see if they had the software I needed to download the book properly. One site I found run by Fang Media had me register and list my credit card number. It said I wouldn't be charged unless I purchased something but I needed to list my credit card anyway. It looked like a secure site, and I found it from one of the sites at the library, so I trusted it. I didn't find what I wanted, so I got off the site. I checked my credit card and had a $1.00 charge from them for nothing. If they do this for every person who looks at or registers at their site they are scamming.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2013 07:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fang-Media-LLC/internet/Fang-Media-LLC-Fang-Media-LLC-877-7173330-I-went-out-to-the-internet-to-download-a-book-I-1041304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fang Media LLC