- Report: #566672
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Final Destination Van Lines
Final Destination Van Lines2605 Timberhaven Dr Flower Mound, Texas United States of America
Final Destination Van Lines. Inexperienced movers, Rude, Unprofessional and Offensive Employees who break/scratch/tear up all your belongings, Flower Mound, Texas
*Author of original report: Final Destination Vanlines, response to employee remarks
*UPDATE Employee: Companies Response
*Author of original report: Final Destination Van Lines. Inexperienced movers, Rude, Unprofessional and Offensive Employees who break/scratch/tear up all your belongings, Flower Mound, Texas
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Move was scheduled for 9:00am 1/30/2010 beginning in
This is the short list of my complaints:
* THREE (3) hours late
* when they did not call during the 3 hours, found out the company isn't listed with information, no one could find their number
* they moved very slow
* complained the entire time
* wouldn't move my china cabinets because they had glass
* never informed these cabinets needed to be crated to move them
* they were aware of my having them from the inventory list I provided
* complained so much I had a 3rd guy sent to help
* my 2 daughters had to start moving things in order to get these guys moving faster
* the truck wasn't big enough for my things & one trip as promised, I specifically asked for a big enough truck
* they had to come back for the remainder, they had a job to go to & would meet me back at the storage to finish & save me the drive time
* informed me late that I would be paying for drive time because the other job canceled
* I had to rent a U-Haul to get my china & curio cabinets myself
* me & my daughters shouldn't have had to move anything, not when I paid so much for the movers
* after they said they wouldn't move my glass items, they still moved them
* this move should not have cost $460, shouldn't have been over $280 including the extra man
* if it wasn't for me & my daughters, it wouldve taken hours longer to finish
*broke & scratched all furniture, not careful
* inexperienced movers
* end of day total adding U-Haul charges was $528.79
* when I tried to contact them after the move, left a message, received no return call
* had to call back & was told, "we never talk to anyone after we move them" this was from Luna, a phone rep
* the rep was extremely rude when I told her of my complaints & said I needed to read the contract (which doesn't state anything as I've read it several times)
* I asked to speak to the manager & was given a name & number to call. The woman I spoke with was very professional & promised to get back to me within 24 hours & said she would try to get at least $200 refunded to me since my experience was so bad
* I didnt get a call back within 24 hours & had to call them back. Was told I needed to talk to the supervisor, Mike, who was very rude & wouldnt listen to the complaint.
* He refused to refund any of my money even though they scratched or broke every piece of my furniture. & because I was forced to sign a waiver for pressed wood items, they broke every one of those as well.
* the supervisor, Mike, was even more disrespectful than their customer service person, Luna.
* You cannot complain to them, they just argue with you.
* Mike said he had read my complaint & it didnt mean anything.
* He said if I filed a claim for my furniture it would be held up for 3 months & I wouldnt get anything at all.
* He refused to reimburse for the trip charges that he promised I wouldnt have to pay, & he refused to reimburse for his people moving so slow.
* They charge by the hour & try to get you for everything they can.
* Mike yelled & cussed at me, he wouldnt listen, cut me off while I was speaking & talked over me.
* Very offensive & discourteous.
* My main issue is they were THREE hours late, no phone call, Mike dropped off the 3rd guy to help, & claims he knew exactly how many boxes I had (which were already on the truck) & even though my furniture was packed neatly in storage, he claims my things were thrown in haphazardly.
These are the type of impertinent things that he tries to say to condone his behavior & his movers inadequacy. I have never had to deal with a company as unprofessional & offensive as this in my life. I do not think it's fair that they cut their rates to get your business, then give you shoddy work to compensate. This to me is false advertising.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2010 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Final-Destination-Van-Lines/Flower-Mound-Texas-75028/Final-Destination-Van-Lines-Inexperienced-movers-Rude-Unprofessional-and-Offensive-Emp-566672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.