Complaint Review: First Federal Credit Control

• Updated: Thu, January 10, 2013

• Reported By: annoyed as heck — Avon Ohio United States of America
First Federal Credit Control
24700 Chagrin Blvd Cleveland, Ohio United States of America

First Federal Credit Control tries to collect on paid balances that are extremely old and difficult to prove as paid Cleveland, Ohio

I recently pulled my credit report and was shocked to find a deregatory stemming from a doctors visit in 2008.  I was not aware of any unpaid bills.  When I contacted the agency, they were not helpful in trying to help me figure out where this balance was arising from so I could make sure it had been considered by my insurance.  Their response was "its already been through your insurance and you owe it", but they could not give me the date of service that the charge was related too.  I finally had to call the urgent care to see where the charges came from.  I then called back and told them that I had never received a bill from them and they said they had sent two letters.  My address has not changed since 2007 and everyone else can find me so.....the person on the phone was extremely rude.  I finally found the statements from the urgent care, from 2008, showing the balance was paid.  So I know for a fact that they never sent two letters because I paid the urgent care before it went to collections.  I was lucky to still have those statements because they had the check number I had paid with.  I then called my bank and luckily got a copy of a 4 year old cancelled check.  I will be sending copies of the statments and the check to all 3 credit bureaus plus this collection agency.  Horrible people to deal with!  The sad thing is, I would have had to pay it if I hadn't been able to find that 5 year old statement.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2013 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Federal-Credit-Control/Cleveland-Ohio-44122/First-Federal-Credit-Control-tries-to-collect-on-paid-balances-that-are-extremely-old-and-994791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Federal Credit Control